Print Thread
#28412 06/06/03 04:48 AM
E
enzikio Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
E
I have used mirc before and have a pretty good understanding of it. I had it working just fine for a long time and then it started telling me that there was "No identd response". I have gone in and changed it through dcc/options/identd and it was on. Just for the sake of it i turned it off and back on. I also tried the /identd on/off command. I can go in and see that it turns the option on and off but with no effect on the error message. I have reinstalled mirc to try to fix it, with just and overwrite and with deleting and a fresh install. I connect through a LAN at home using a hub and internet connection sharing. I also have a cable modem. I have always connected through the hub though no problems with no problems with the identd. I use windows 2000 though. If any one could tell what what is wrong and how to fix it, please do.

#28413 06/06/03 06:02 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
If you are on a LAN with a router, that means you have an NAT firewall. You must enable the router to port-forward port 113 to the local IP of the machine running mIRC.

#28414 06/06/03 06:38 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
other possibles:
the server in question could be having some sort of technical difficulty, have you tried another one on that network? or your isp could have some lil glitch. or some other program could have hold of the identd port and wont let it go.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard