Print Thread
J
JMan Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
J
Hi there,

i cant really say its a bug, because it actually ever worked on my PC, but for several days now, each time i try to open/start a dialog mirc mirc freezes ("The Applikation dont react...")

I`ve already written my probs down to these Post:
https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=...amp;amp;fpart=1

But today i tried it on 3 other PCs with 4 different Irc Versions[ 6,0 6,01 6,02 6,03 ], and each time i tried to open the Dialog (MutuBanProt73) it happends, all PCs are running with Win XP Prof, 2 with Athlon XPs and the third with an Intel P3 500 MHz.

Sorry Guys but i`m really helpless, because i`m not able to get my mIrc Running again frown

a tired JMan

A
Babel fish
Babel fish
A
A Script Error in your on *:dialog:DNAME:init:0: { } ?

J
JMan Offline OP
OP Offline
J
no nothing ..... mIrc easily freeze (doesnt react) and the dialog is MutuBanProt so i asured it cant be caused by a scripting error of mine .....

JMan

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I can't be sure since your posts seem to contradict each other (one says the scripted mIRC is the only way mIRC won't freeze, the other says everytime you load your scripted mIRC it freezes), but if you're saying that the scripted mIRC is the one that freezes then it's almost certainly a scripting error. Even if it isn't then it's probably a problem with mIRC relating to something you're using in your script - something that nobody here can help with since we don't know what's in that script. You should try disabling sections of the script and seeing if you can isolate which part of the script is causing it to freeze. Then, if you still can't see the error, post that section of code on here and maybe someone else can see what's wrong.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
J
JMan Offline OP
OP Offline
J
so i`ve found the alias which killed my mIrc

striphtml -l {
if ($1) {
var %strip,%parm = <> $remove($1-,> <,><,$chr(9)) <>,%n = 2
while ($gettok($gettok(%parm,%n,62),1,60)) {
%strip = %strip $ifmatch
inc %n
}
return %strip
}
}

i dont know why or on which way it happens, but since i´ve this "custom Identifier" everythink works fine again ....
öhm, in addition: i didnt wrote this Alias its from mircscripts.org if somone is interested in .....

thx for help
JMan

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Well with that -l in the striphtml -l { line, the command shouldn't work at all. With that removed it works fine. However, seeing as the command is to parse HTML and most HTML files are larger than the mIRC line length limit I'm going to guess that you used this command to loop through an HTML file. If that's the case and the file was a fair size (10KB+) then that could explain the freezing - it took around 30 seconds to parse an 80KB file I looped through on a 500MHz machine.

If I'm correct about all those assumptions and that is the cause of the problem then there's not much that can be done to speed up the parsing of the HTML file. I tested a few different methods to do the same thing and they all came within a few seconds of the command you've already got. I'm afraid if you don't want mIRC to freeze like that you'll either have to remove that part of the script or look to outside sources such as the Windows Scripting Host or DLLs to get increased peformance.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.

Link Copied to Clipboard