Print Thread
T
thomaz Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
T
I use Windows 10.
When mIRC is running i can't disable my Soundcard in Device Manager.
If i try to disable it the Device Manager asks me to reboot.
In the Moment i close mIRC i can disable and reanable my Soundcard in Device Manager without any Problem again.
is there an option to stop mIRC "touching" a Sound Device, and if not please make an option for it.
I never used, and will never use mIRC to play any sound so "touching" the Soundcard is useless in my case.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
You can disable sound in the Sound option, alt + o > Sound, does that fix the problem or was it already disabled?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can disable sound in the Sound option, alt + o > Sound
This enables/disables sound events, not all sounds in mIRC, eg. using /splay, so this would not have an effect. Wims pointed out that this does in fact disable all sounds but has no effect on the issue being discussed above.

mIRC often needs to play multiple sounds one after another, eg. sound events, and repeatedly initializing and closing the sound card results in chopped/unplayed sounds, so newer versions of mIRC keep an open sound channel to ensure that sounds are played smoothly.

I might be able to change this so that the sound channel is enabled/disabled depending on whether Sounds/Do not disturb are enabled/disabled. I have added this to my to-do list.

Last edited by Khaled; 25/08/24 11:16 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard