mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Tested on epiknet (roubaix.fr.epiknet.org) and swiftirc (irc.swiftirc.net), which are running version UnrealIRCd-5.0.9.1 and UnrealIRCd-6.1.1.1
I got a spam message in query, when I noticed it later, the spammer was gone, disconnected from the server (which I didn't know) and when I tried to insult him, as I was typing my letters in the editbox, I got the error 'no such nick/channel' displayed in the query window.
I did not investigate further, I believe it's an issue with mIRC and IRCv3 cap stuff, when you type in a query window and the user is not connected you get that error for keypressing (no enter)

Tested on the above network and mIRC 7.75 beta 1109. The connection to the server was made with the default mIRC behavior, I'm not changing anything there.

Makes me think that mIRC implemented ircv3 caps without making them optional, so as both irc networks and mIRC implements them, one's irc experience is changing, if most ircv3 cap features are great imo, the one behind this report is not so great even when working as intended and I wouldn't/don't want to use it (read: i don't want mirc to automatically use it). It would be great if mIRC had a way to specify which cap to use/allow when connecting, both from the server list option and /server. Currently one has to alter the connecting protocol and it's not really a trivial thing to do.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
After some checking it may be that the behavior is working the way the feature was designed, which i'm not fond of.
Disabling the cap isn't as hard as i said though, and it can be done after connection.
I still think that mIRC should offer a way to disable the capabilities it supports when we connect, as far as /server is concerned it could be a switch with a list of cap to disable.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is due to the "no such nick" 401 numeric being sent for TAGMSG typing notifications. As far as I can tell, there is currently no way to differentiate between 401s for these and normal messages.

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Right.

There is an option to disable the typing notification in Alt + o > IRC > options which I overlooked.

Link Copied to Clipboard