mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#270312 26/05/22 10:32 PM
maroon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
I thought that in the absence of raw 005 that $network was supposed to be filled from the serverlist group name. But when I was messing around with https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads....-if-bot-is-a-moderator-twitch#Post270311 and trying to create a 'perform on connect' that would activate only for that 1 network, the absence of the 005 message resulted in $network remaining blank even though I'd added twitch as a group in servers.ini

maroon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Update: I was advised that I should use $server($server).group but that doesn't work if the serverlist contains a round-robin address which senders you to a different $server address than the one listed in servers.ini - i.e. if your serverlist contains irc.libera.chat then $server($server).group is blank because you arrive at a $server that's different than what you attempted to connect to.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have not been able to reproduce this issue so far.

To test this, I added the following twitch server to my servers list:

Description and address: irc.chat.twitch.tv
Ports: 6667
Group: Twitch
Password: oauth:etc.

I added the CAP requests to the Perform section under the "Twitch" network name.

I then connected to the server. Both the status window titlebar and $network showed the network name "Twitch" and the CAP requests were sent.

maroon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
OK i see what I was doing wrong. The display in the serverlist was confusing, where it now makes it easy to have the groupname be blank without intending it to be. Under the new design, these 2 entries appear identical in the alt+E serverlist:

description: Random Server Group:foobar
description: foobar Group:$null

It would probably avoid confusion if, since there's no longer a separate line for the group, that each entry should display as group:description instead of group $iif(description == random server,$null,$v1)

And maybe instead of having the 'group' field be optional, have it be something like 'defaultgroup' rather than letting it be blank

And for the $server($server).property issue, when that was added, I was under the impression that it was being added in response to people wanting to know which item in the serverlist was used to connect to the active $network, and I see that it's not.

Link Copied to Clipboard