mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
While it can be fun to blame problems on znc, this issue does not appear to be related to that. At first, your issue was making it sound like the nick colors were being randomly stirred again, but your reply to my debug commands showed that the 'new' colors were simply those defined by other settings if the random colors option hadn't been enabled. If you go back into nick colors and click to edit+save that rule again, do the random colors automagically come back again?

Edit:
I managed to trigger this happening 1 time, but couldn't get it to happen again. I had only the 1 rule defined in nick colors. I opened the alt+K window, but closed it without doing anything. I didn't notice anything happening then, but when I later alt-tab'ed back the nicklist was back to being plain vanilla, and clicking the rule open again and saving it again didn't help. But after I deleted the rule and unchecked nick colors, then re-created the rule again and re-checked nick colors, everything was working again.

I wasn't able to get this to happen again, so I didn't have a chance to see if only 1 of those 2 actions would have been sufficient. But when I had eahm try doing those actions it didn't re-enable the random colors.

Last edited by maroon; 26/03/22 02:43 AM.
eahm Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Tried few more times with maroon on Libera and I found out that it happens INSTANTLY as soon as you click ALT+K (all the nicklist colors change instantly) IF there are other settings with the Auto coloring for all nicks, if that's the only option they don't change.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Tried few more times with maroon on Libera and I found out that it happens INSTANTLY as soon as you click ALT+K (all the nicklist colors change instantly) IF there are other settings with the Auto coloring for all nicks, if that's the only option they don't change.

Thanks unfortunately I have still not been able to reproduce this.

If you install a clean, portable copy of mIRC in a new empty folder, with no scripts/addons/etc., and then describe the exact steps you take to reproduce the issue, that could help me track it down.

eahm Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Loaded a copy just with:

"
[user]
MY INFO

[about]
version=
show=no
portable=yes
"

Click Address Book > Nick Colors > [Enable nick colors] > Add:

1) $me = Orange (Messages and Listbox)
2) [Auto-color based on nick] (Messages and Listbox) (Just for testing, I usually do just Messages on this one)

Code
[cnicks]
n0=$me,7,,,0,0,0,0,0,0
n1=,99,,,1,1,0,0,0,1

/server irc.rizon.net (not even SSL, not relevant for this test)

/join a big chan

Press Alt+K > see the nicklist colors all change immediately.

NOTE that they only change ONCE for every mIRC start so you will have to press ALT+K AFTER you join the chan, if you press it before joining the new set or colors will already be defined and mIRC will need to be restarted.

Last edited by eahm; 29/03/22 05:53 PM. Reason: Changed Click with Press. Changed All for better understanding the line.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, I was able to reproduce the issue. It should be fixed in the next beta.

eahm Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Awesome, it seems to be working with the latest beta. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard