mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#261125 02/08/17 05:43 PM
V
Self-satisfied door
OP Offline
Self-satisfied door
V
I am looking for a clarification on the [-r] parameter on the DCC TRUST command line. The help file(both in mirc and online) just show the parameters:

/dcc trust [-r] <on | off | nick | address | level>

Both [-r] and level are not discussed. Address and nick can be derived elsewhere in the help file. The lack of consistency is quite frustrating as it wastes time looking for their meaning! I find this kind of inconsistency throughout the help file. IMHO, if there are multiple parameters, switches or flags noted, each one(or their values) should be discussed, as in the following example...

/hadd -smbczuN <name> <item> [text | &binvar]

Adds an item to an existing hash table.
If the item you are adding already exists, the old item is replaced.

The -m switch makes /hadd create the hash table if it does not already exist.

The -uN switch unsets the item after N seconds.

The -b indicates that you are adding a &binvar item to the hash table.

The -c switch treats the &binvar as text and chops it at the first null value.

The -z switch decreases hash item once per second until it reaches zero and then unsets it.

Awesome games and info in irc.abjects.net #420 (where stoners hang out)
Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I often find it helpful (if not downright necessary) to search through mIRC's full versions.txt file, which contains all the per-version changes throughout the years. Searching for "/dcc trust" in that file yields the following entry:

Quote:
46.Added /dcc trust [-r] <on | off | nick | address | level>
to add/remove items to DCC trust dialog, and $trust(N) to
return items in trust list.

Based on that I would guess that -r simply allows you to remove an entry. The "level" part is a reference to Access Levels (a topic with its own helpfile page), as confirmed by the "Trusted Users" options dialog (alt+o -> DCC -> [Trusted]). I'm not entirely sure how that works with this command though, since nicknames may be valid access levels as well (and vice versa)..

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I agree the help file isn't crystal clear on that, but by combining what's shown in the help file with what's seen in the dcc-trust dialog window, the -r removes the entry from the trusted list, and has the same meaning that -r has in the ignore tab of the address book. I suspect it would be a good feature request for /dcc trust to also have some of the same switches as the /ignore command has. Such as -l to list everyone in the trust list, with levels and addresses grouped separately, and a -x switch that lets you trust everyone at an address wildcard except for a more specific/restrictive wildcard, or -uN that removes the entry after N seconds.

The dialog says that if mIRC doesn't recognize it as an address, it treats it as a level, which seems to contradict the helpfile saying you can add a nick to the trusted list when it looks like you can only add the address nick!*@*.

So "/dcc trust nick" is adding a 'level' named nick, and not someone using that nick. To trust a specific nick you use nick!*@*. If you use "/dcc trust *@example.com you'll see the dialog window has expanded it to *!*@example.com.

For your example of /hadd, you'll notice that it didn't actually explain all the switches, excluding -s, however scrolling up you'll see it was already defined at the top under /hmake, and is not re-defined for /hadd, /hload, /hsave, /hdel, or /hfree. In the /help entry for Picture Windows, there's several commands which don't define all switches, but it does have a sentence for each of them: The remaining switches are the same as those in /drawdot

Link Copied to Clipboard