mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Well i always used == with (IF and WHILE) but today my friend show me a script that he made, and i saw that he's using only ONE = on his IF instead of ==. So, i made a test replacing ALL == for = on one of my scripts and it still working correctly. So, i want to know if theres really some differ on using == instead of =

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
There's no difference. the '!' negate the operator, so technically != is negating '=', well that's one way to see it, == and = are equal.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
i see, ty bro for the fast reply wink

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
In other programming languages = is the assignment operator and == is the comparison operator. If you ever intend to write something other than mIRC scripts you should stick to using ==, just so you don't have to change your habits.

F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
Not only this, but in mIRC itself, '=' is an assignment operator so for code legibility its better to stick with using '=' for variable assignment and == for comparison.

I am SReject
My Stuff
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
I know about = being an assignment operator in other programming languages (i used to programing in c++ for a while) thats why i asked about the differ between == and = using mirc scripting...

anyway, ty for all replies guys wink

Link Copied to Clipboard