mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
V
Venks Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
V
Apparently Twitch is in the progress of moving Twitch Chat to different servers (AWS EC2). And my channel ended up being one of them.

From what I can tell I now connect to the server via irc.chat.twitch.tv and that seems to work to an extent. I can now type in mIRC and the messages will pop up in my twitch channel's chat. But mIRC never updates with the chat currently going on.

And obviously my commands no longer work. Anyone going through the same thing or know what to do to fix this?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try paste this code into the Script Editor (alt+r) in "Remotes" tab into a new file (File -> New) then reconnect the bot to the server.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
N
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
N
Originally Posted By: westor
Try paste this code into the Script Editor (alt+r) in "Remotes" tab into a new file (File -> New) then reconnect the bot to the server.

The link does not work. I'm getting an error of "unable to connect". I have the same issue as OP. All my commands no longer work.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The link is working, try again!

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
This is an issue with twitch, and is not local to just you(unless you have something strange going on).

First and foremost, the user(nick) list will, for large channels, be empty. This is just how twitch operates.

Second, twitch had some back-end issues that caused messages not to be sent through the IRC interface. These issues are (or atleast have been reported to be) fixed now.

I am SReject
My Stuff

Link Copied to Clipboard