W
/window stops at the first pair of quotes:

Quote:
//window -h @test | window -h @test""ing | window -a "@test""ing"
just actives @test, instead of @test""ing

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. This is the intended behaviour. The scripting language does not support escaped characters, which would be required to parse quotes within quotes, so it only checks for a quote at the start of a line and terminates at the next enclosing quote. This method is used by almost all features in the scripting language.

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Yes I know, what I'm saying is it's a problem, one that can't be worked around, the intended behavior is simply wrong, objectively speaking, since it breaks the IRC protocol itself (which allows quotes in channel name), and needs to change.
Are there any plan on implementing this escape character?

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
one that can't be worked around

Can't you always do something like $iif($chr(32) isin %window,$qt(%window),%window)? Without outer quotes it does seem to activate the right window, and no channel name will have spaces. In fact I think it's guaranteed that no window name will have both spaces and quotes in it, or? (I'm not saying the current situation is great..)

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
I suppose you mean $chr(34), I probably spoke too soon, it can be worked around then.. but that's just annoying to use, and if you're concerned with speed execution, you need to turn that into if/else which is even more annoying!

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This one was testing for spaces; with $chr(34) the t/f cases would have to be reversed as well. It's the idea that counts anyway wink. If it's impossible for Khaled to change the current behavior at this point, a second best option could be a new built-in $windowqt() identifier.

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Yeah, I misread sorry.
$windowqt might be the best option here, avoiding the troubles of $iif's slowness or two lines if/else, although I don't think it would be used that much in script calling /window on unknown/dynamical window's name because nobody would know about using it until they actually meet the problem, and frankly who even use quotes in channel name? I just reported the problem because from a logical point of view it's completely broken and somehow deep inside you don't want mIRC to have such issues, right?

Link Copied to Clipboard