mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
So in a channel called twitchplayspokemon there are something called tokens, and i have 2 accounts. 1 with 0 tokens and one with 224 tokens. I use the account with 0 to play the game and i use the second account to get things in the game, like songs and stuff like that.

So i was wondering if it is possible to make a script like this: !say !match1,2,3/4,5,6 10 and my second account says !match 1,2,3/4,5,6 10 in the chat. If i can whisper my other user that would be great too.

Short summary: a command that makes my other accout say what i want it to say

Some info: my account is bageltorf7 and my other account with tokens is kaptein_timo. Would be great if the command can only be used by me.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I think we would need more details about how these accounts are being used. Are you connecting these clients in the same mIRC instance, or are they in different processes or distributed across a network? If you're running them from the same mIRC process, you don't need to "whisper" your other user, you can write a single command that executes multiple things.

Then again, if they're running in the same process, you could just as easily write these commands in the relevant channel windows-- so I guess I'm not really sure what you're trying to do.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Just forget about the whisper thing, all i want is a command that repeats the message i send. For example:
me: !say Kappa1234
bot: Kappa1234

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
We still need the same background info asked for above. Again, if these are running in the same process, you don't actually need a text event to do this, you can just type a /command.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Im not sure what you mean but my bot kaptein_timo is connected to mirc, i use the bot in twitch.tv, im using my normal user bageltorf7 on twitch.tv.
I dont know what you mean by running in the same process
Yeah im very bad when it comes to these things and i hope you can help me

K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
Okay, so it's easy to code this.

You can do this and literally just output $1 if it's your nick.

Code:
... code ... {
  if ($nick == your_name) {
    msg # $1
  }
}

I also want to know this, if you are trying to use tokens (point system) from being in a twitch stream, why not just use the one that has the tokens and use it's oauth token and connect it to twitch as well?

Kind of confused at why you need to repeat commands publicly in the chat channel. If i was the broadcaster, i wouldn't want bot spam in my channel. I'd also keep it between the instances of mIRC or via whispers.

Last edited by keyeslol; 06/12/15 05:45 PM.

twitter @keyeslol
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Indeed. It almost seems that if you want your bot to say something, and you are in control of the bot (it's a process running on your computer), just switch over to the mIRC window and type it into the channel yourself.

No scripts needed, no extra spam, safer, etc.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC

Link Copied to Clipboard