mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
The password in my .ini has alway been in plain text. I recently upgraded mirc to 7.41. I am unable to log into my bounce. I checked the .ini and my password is encrypted in the .ini.

Does 4.71 encrypt passwords in the .ini ??
Can I fix this?

You can twist perceptions .. reality won't budge!
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
That was added in 7.33 over a year ago. What's to fix? If you need to look at it that can be accomplished by opening a debug window before connecting.

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Thanks Loki .. its been a while since I updated. My next question .. I am unable to connect to my bounce since the update. I selected Blowfish on my bounce. I don't know what form of encryption mirc uses. If it is not Blowfish could that be the problem?

You can twist perceptions .. reality won't budge!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As mentioned in the above post, mIRC v7.33 added support for encrypting server passwords in servers.ini. However, when you connect to a server, the actual password is used. So you should not see any difference when using a bouncer.

Even using the $server() identifier with the password property will return the actual password. The only way that you would see an issue, that I can think of, is if you are using a script that directly reads and parses the entries in the servers.ini file without using the $server() identifier.

As far as I know, selecting "blowfish" on your bouncer only affects messages from the bouncer to the server. This setting is not related to mIRC.

Link Copied to Clipboard