#243271 03/11/13 08:37 AM
G
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
G
Hello!

First of all, sorry for my english.

For many years I use script called Scoop Script 2004 (I'm not sure if this allowed to mention) and it has good option for alerts. It give alerts with balloons just like when new Windows Updates are ready. But now I don't know how this feature stopped to work and I get only alert when someone from notify list is online or offline but not as balloon but as small yellow window.

What happened?

I have balloons activated (other programs like Windows Update (new update) or Free Download Manager (completed ownload) etc. have no problem and balloons works well and also I can hear characteristic sound of balloons.

There are settings in script (all are pinned) but I get no alert for no one of them as balloon like before.

What you think what should I do or what to change? Is this because of new versions of mIRC or something else? I don't remember what version was when I started to use Scoop Script 2004. I tried to uninstall and reinstall mIRC and script as well but nothing.

My OS just for info is Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2.

Thanks. smile

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
mIRC now has the $tip function to handle doing this.

see: /help $tip

Here is a simple alias that will show you example of output.

(just put the line of code that follows in one of your existing remote scripts and test as shown after the line to add.)

;
; code to add to a remote scriot to creaeate an aliasis that will test tip generation format example;
alias testtip { noop $tip($ctime,IN $script,$1- $me,12,info.ico,,,) }

to test: the above alias.

type in any window after the line has been added to a script: /tip This is how a tip looks

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks for reply, HorseC. smile

I've added the line, you made some mistakes but I fixed them, I guess not relevant, codes are relevant, but still after adding line when I type /tip it says * /tip: insufficient parameters.

I'm using mIRC 7.29.

P. S. I forgot to put screenshot of options for alerts:

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
yup, that example was a release or 2 old, and may have had errors. Important thing, you found the help ya needed. take care.

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!

Link Copied to Clipboard