mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#242623 11/08/13 07:05 AM
D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
I recently updated my mirc, per the request of the site pop up. A little annoying but that's not my problem because I can turn that off.

My problem is I updated, and every single script and edit were gone, as well as one of my chat rooms and pre-sets.

I have updated my system before and not had this problem before.

Is there a way to undo this loss? I really hate having to redo all my scripts, remotes, and settings.

I have mirc on another computer, and haven't updated that one yet because of this problem. Is there a way to have to newer one accept the same scripts from the original or something along those lines? I have copy and past because I still have to re-edit every single script.

I seriously need advice and help on this because I put a lot of time into my scripts and I have to lose them.

Thank-you for your time.

that crazy one sitting over there
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The mIRC installer will normally only install the default settings and scripts if you select the "full install" option in the installer. In this case, the installer will save your existing files to a backups folder in the mIRC install folder. You should be able to get your old files back by looking in the backups folder in the mIRC install folder and copying them back into their normal locations.

D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
Thank-you. I will try this.

that crazy one sitting over there

Link Copied to Clipboard