mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
amunak Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Hello. I have a problem. I use custom script to join all my servers (there are five) and I use ZNC. When mIRC starts, it connects to those servers and than starts printing the channel buffer one channel by one, opening new channel windows quite slowly. This whole process takes about a minute for all my 20 channels or so. And I think that's just too long. However I don't want to give up the buffer (disabling which would definetly speed things up).

Is there a way to make mIRC join channels faster? That it would just open all the necessary windows asynchronously, without focusing them, get the buffer silently and be able to work like 10 seconds from start? Please note that since I'm using ZNC I cannot choose to postpone joining channels and do it e.g. using mIRC scripts - mIRC is forced to open those channel windows.

Than there's not that major concern - for some odd reason, leaving a channel takes usually up to fifteen seconds and shutting mIRC down takes about half a minute (during which the client is frozen).

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
You can't speed it up unless you lower the buffer or disable it all together. I run a znc locally and its extremely slow at buffer playback in mIRC vs other irc clients.

Leaving a channel takes up to 15 seconds? What? How exactly are you leaving a channel? Are you detaching them?

Half a minute to exit mIRC? You saving any hash tables or something? Any "on exit" scripts?

A
amunak Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
I use only startup scripts. I part using /part #channel. When I do that, mIRC freezes for a few second (it's probably less than 15, more like five or seven) and after that it just closes the channel window.
Closing mIRC behaves similar - I issue /quit, it freezes for a minute and then just closes. It's weird, but not too big problem.

I'm sad about the buffer though. On most channels I need it irregularly, but when I need it it's important. Maybe the devs could do something about it?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
To help us get a picture of what your installation looks like, could you paste the following line into mIRC and report the result for us?

//echo -a $os $version $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $alias(0) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

A
amunak Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Well this is odd.I actually had to reinstall my windows 7 and now mIRC works like a charm. Everything now works fine (even the buffer scrollback is quite fast). I guess it was a system problem than (or problem with older mIRC version but I doubt that). Also updating the startup script helped - I now use -z (no focus) on the server commands.

The line says: 7 7.29 942102f04bb890f14f52a6b0047c92f7 ok 1 1 0 0

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Tracking down issues like this can be tricky. A month or two ago I came across an issue with the "Lock log files" option where if it was enabled, mIRC ran smoothly but if it was disabled (which made mIRC open the file, write to it, and then close it each time a new line was added), mIRC slowed down to a crawl. It turns out that Microsoft Security Essentials (used on this particular test computer) had recently auto-updated and was now scanning mIRC heavily each time mIRC opened a file. A subsequent auto-update (or it might have been a reboot) resolved the issue.

A
amunak Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
I use COMODO Internet security, and there might've been the problem with log files (I had it heavily customized). Now with the default settings it seems to be fine.

Link Copied to Clipboard