mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
UPnP can be a little erratic, so I am not too surprised to hear this. That said, even though it is now working for you, using the local interface address for /localinfo -p is probably a good idea, so I will go ahead and include that change in the next version.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Some feedbacks about this..

I couldn't get /localinfo -p to work (7.39) so I started investigating again with wireshark to find some clues (still on win7 pro 64 bit, router is still the same, upnp is enabled and works for socklisten -p, or dcc, or identd server on port 113 (the same port which wouldn't work before on this same report))

While I was trying to see with wireshark if anything was sent from mIRC it somehow magically started to work (first time ever for me, for /localinfo -p).
I tried to reboot mIRC, still working, I tried to reboot Windows, still working..
So I just let it go, but one hour later here I am trying it again, it doesn't work.

When it fails, I just don't see any request or anything sent from mIRC to the router with wireshark, it seems mIRC fails automatically without actually trying anything upnp related because of a prior check that would fail.
Is there a way for mIRC to report "/localinfo: unable to resolve local host" without actually trying to do anything upnp related?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Wims #251057 07/02/15 05:14 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There was a similar post discussing the same issue recently, where UPnP was behaving intermittently. In my tests, described in the above post, I experienced the same intermittent behaviour when using both mIRC and a UPnP monitoring tool, which was designed to monitor UPnP activity. It would work fine most of the time and then suddenly, it would stop working. I eventually tracked it down to my firewall, which when disabled allowed mIRC and the UPnP tool to work all the time without any issues. Beyond that, I am afraid I have no explanation. It may just be that UPnP is unreliable.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Indeed, I just downloaded PortForward, before running it I tried /localinfo -p, didn't work, right after running PortForward, it worked. I have disabled all firewalls from windows and from my router, no AV software running.
I tried /socklisten -p test 8009, PortForward correctly reports the port 8009 being forwarded, I close that socket and it correctly reports it not being forwarded anymore.
Well I don't think Upnp is unreliable, rather my/our router crazy

Wims #251799 04/03/15 01:31 PM
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
More informations about this...

This script http://www.xise.nl/mirc/upnp.mrc works just as good as mIRC.
As in, whenever I try /localinfo -p and it doesn't work, this script doesn't work. Specifically:
Quote:
var %r = $com(%n,StaticPortMappingCollection,3,dispatch* %m)
if (!%r) || (!$com(%m)) return
The $com call works, but the dispatch doesn't work.
Now the strange thing is that whenever I run the PortForward executable, both mIRC and this COM script works flawlessly.

Edit: I reboot windows to try to get it to fail again and reproduce the test, it would still work, eventually I waited 15-20 mins and /localinfo -p failed again, I opened PortForward and it worked, so it seems consistent.

Last edited by Wims; 04/03/15 02:32 PM.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard