mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#238141 03/07/12 05:01 PM
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
Today I've upgraded from version 7.22 too 7.25. After the upgrade I had some problems, so I first cleared mIRC out of the registry and deleted every mIRC related map on my harddrive. Then I made a clean fresh install to 7.25, it worked again now. But when I wanted to create a bot again (I followed the tutorial on this website last time, worked like a charm), troubles arised once again. With this version, when I copy the mirc.exe to a map called "bot" it keeps all the settings and overwrites them when I adjust them. So it seems I'm not able to run two different instances of mIRC (one regular, one bot) anymore. Am I missing something that has changed between 7.22->7.25 or might this be a bug?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What OS are you on? If it's Win7 then the settings files of the first install are probably in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\mIRC
You can always go to this directory (which contains mirc.ini) by typing //run $mircdir

Make sure that the second install (the bot one) has both your second mirc.exe and its own mirc.ini in the same folder or it'll use the mirc.ini file of the first install.

I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
I'm on Windows 7 and you're correct about the mIRC settings in Roaming. But when I copy mirc.exe to a new map named 'bot' or whatever it doesn't give a clean settings sheet like I'm used too. Also copying the mirc.ini file along doesn't work.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Quote:
it doesn't give a clean settings sheet like I'm used to

Because mIRC is always reading your settings from the directory listed above. The only ways to get mIRC to use another mirc.ini are to do ONE of the following:

1) Run mirc.exe with -r or -portable to tell it to use the current directory for mirc.ini. You can setup a shortcut to pass these parameters to mIRC when launching the program. See /help Command Line for more info on this.

OR

2) Copy mirc.ini into the same directory as your mirc.exe. mIRC will automatically use this file instead of your AppData directory.

NOTE: DO NOT do either steps if your .exe file is inside of Program Files\. Weird things will happen if you attempt to do this. If you want to run with different settings files, move the exe out of Program Files and into another directory.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
Awesome, that did the trick! Thanks heaps!

Link Copied to Clipboard