Print Thread
#237754 31/05/12 11:46 PM
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
When using $input with the m switch, the size of the dialog isn't made according to the parameters but rather has a default size (horizontally), it's impossible to read the whole content of what is inside the dropdown combo.

Code:
//noop $input(prompt,m,,,very long lineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hi)
Tested on the 7.24 beta.

Last edited by Wims; 01/06/12 01:03 AM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I wouldn't call this a bug, since it's clear that this feature was not implemented to resize at all when using combo boxes (the logic simply isn't coded in). That said, given that $input resizes for text, mIRC should probably add the ability to resize combo boxes for consistency.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Oops, I missed the 'the logic isn't coded in' forum laugh

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Isn't that the feature request forum? smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
I see this more as a bug because it's something that should have been there in the first place, I doubt the behavior is on purpose, it's probably just a rare enough case that hasn't been tested.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Why do you doubt that it is on purpose? The combo box is quite clearly a static field that is not being resized. Whether Khaled was aware of the length limitation or not, it was designed to work this way. My guess is, he is aware that there are long line limitations to such a design, but decided not to implement resizability for simplicity's sake. He likely knows about this because this is not the first non-resizable UI element in mIRC (see below), and there seems to be a conscious decision to keep these UI elements simple until someone asks for more functionality.

You want extra behaviour for mIRC to resize the combo box, similar to Change #2 in 7.22 which added resizing to Channel Central (see versions.txt). Note that change #2 was a feature suggestion, not a bug report. It was not a bug that the channel central could previously not be resized, it was just a design choice-- a poor one in retrospect, but a choice nonetheless.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard