Print Thread
#236659 16/03/12 10:36 AM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I have noticed many people having problem with the popups.ini, is this a bug in mirc? often users asking about missing popups.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I've seen people with the problem since the first 7.x version and have experienced it myself on a clean install (not upgrade). I know it's been posted about on the bugs forum in the early 7.x versions, but I don't think I've seen a repost recently.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Err,

This is not new to 7.x. We get users on 6.x with broken popups too. It's a corrupt file state issue... my guess is it's related to the way mIRC holds file handles and the way users shutdown that can aggravate the corruption issue. I wouldn't strictly call it a bug if my interpretation of the behaviour is correct, though. If the corruption is being caused by Windows flushing the file handles out from under mIRC during shutdown, it's not mIRC's fault.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I installed a clean copy of mirc today, and no popups loaded, and i think thats strange, windows would not stop mirc from loading the popups.ini, it keep all files intact if you create a setup file without mirc (setup factory), then copy mirc.exe to the install folder, as long as mirc.ini have the file and path to it then it load them correct.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I wasn't referring to corrupted popups after using mIRC for a period of time. I'm talking about popups not being loaded after installing mIRC. I never heard of that happening on a clean install until the 7.x versions. That isn't to say it never happened, but I never heard of it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard