mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
slowgin Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
I just got a Dlink Dir-655 router, now when I start a DCC send after 30 -60 seconds it always times out, I have added the port forwarding to the new router. If I remove the new one and put in the Old Dlink router my downloads work again as usual.

So I know the problem is something in the new router. I have search for hours, does anyone know what setting I have to change in the new router to get this to work?

thanks

S
slowgin Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Also I put the computer I use for Mirc in the DMZ zone but the download still stops after 15-60 seconds.

I do not get disconnected from the channel, all that happens is the downloads stop.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't know anything about that specific router, but one thing those who do know it could use is this... Do the sends actually start where you are sending out data, or does it stay at 0 bytes sent until finally timing out? If it does send something, then your ports are fine.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
slowgin Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yes, it will download the file fine, and at a good speed, it just stops the transfer always in under a minute.
And I have the B model with firmware 2.00NA

Last edited by slowgin; 15/02/11 06:37 PM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Are we talking about trouble sending a file or receiving one?
When you send a file, then you are uploading it, and you would see a number of bytes sent.
When you receive a file, then you are downloading it, and you would see a number of bytes received.

When you set the ports on the new router, did you use instructions for that router, or did you just use the same as on the old router?
If you just used the same settings, then they might not be set correctly for the new router, though you think it is.

S
slowgin Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The problem is with downloading.
I setup this new router with the manual so I followed those directions. I didn't have to do port forwarding or anything on my old router to have Mirc work, it just worked.

S
slowgin Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I read on another board and found my problem. I am using Dir-655 Rev B with 2.00NA firmware, it does not have ALG support, they just released firmware 2.01NA and it has ALG support, the ALG support has fixed my problems.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Glad to hear that your problem was resolved, and also glad that you posted how to resolve the problem in case others are looking for it.

Thanks for helping the community.

Link Copied to Clipboard