mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
P
mIRC has nothing to do with any of the networks, so we cant remove the ban/kline. In some cases it isnt you specifically that has been banned, but a wide ip range that happens to include you. We cant tell you how long the ban will last, only the ppl at that network can. No, we wont help you find a way to evade a ban.

-Read the ban msg, it may give you a website to go to, the reason for the ban, or someplace to email about it.

-If the ban/kline tells you to enable identd, see this thread

-read the MOTD (Message Of The Day) that you see scroll past when you are trying to connect. It should give you a website to go to for help, they generally have info on what you can/cant do, and some even have forums you can post on to get help. There are too many networks for us to give you links to every one, but it should be easy to find. Use your favorite search engine, like www.google.com and put in the networks name for search term. (in the MOTD and in the server's name, you will prolly see the networks name, like DALnet, Efnet, Gamesnet,Undernet etc)

-if the ban/kline says you are or may be infected with a trojan, run a virus scan (like this one See this post for other resources. It could also be that something in your mask looks like a string in a virus, like perhaps ^^^SxAcAg^^@sumfin.here. Try changing the part before the @ to all lowercase letters without symbols. Once you are sure you arent infected, contact the network as above.

Many others have asked about bans, using the search feature here, set to "all forums" and expand the date to "all posts" you can find links to specific networks and perhaps the problem you are having. Keep in mind that the networks websites are the best place to go for help on this.

Last edited by ParaBrat; 19/07/04 11:14 PM.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
B
biz Offline
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
B
hi sorry i'm new to the forum so i dont know if it's ok for me to post in here but perhaps you could help me. I understand that you cannot remove a ban, but this is my situation. I live in an apt with a roommate we both use irc because of counterstrike and we have seperate computers. We hooked up the 2 computers to a router.
Today i was idling in a channel that my friend asked me to idle in and a ircop came in and k-lined me. The message i got in my window was clones/bots #team-tu. I asked my friends what had happened and they told me that there were some clones in the channel and I was looked at as a clone. I share the appartment so I can't help that the other person uses irc also.
What would i be able to do if i wanted to ask the ircop about how long my ban was or if he could possibly unban me and my roommate ?
I'm not saying that that the ircop was wrong I just would like to get back to my irc.
-biz

B
biz Offline
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
B
oh and i didn't want to post here to bother anyone but there is not url for me to go to so I thought that this would be my best bet. =]

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You could email the network's administrator and ask for a timeframe or just play the waiting game.

B
biz Offline
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
B
frown you wouldn't have the e-mail address hand there would you ? lol

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
We don't know what network you are using, every network has different admins.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It will be on the website that relates tot he network you chat on. Or at least it should be.

D
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
D
Some networks (my using) using BOPM (Blitzed Open Proxy Monitor.
Check here if is your IP/host on blacklist and request remove
http://opm.blitzed.org/

--
http://www.globirc.net
irc.globirc.net
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Removing your IP from the OPM blacklist however does not actually remove the ban. First off, if you are still using a proxy, the next time you reconnect the IP will be auto-readded to the list. And second, most networks will keep the ban even after your IP has been removed from the blacklist. You just have to wait for the ban to expire.

E
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
E
In the event that you find yourself g-lined from the GamesNET IRC network you should post to the "I'm g-lined" forum on http://forums.gamesnet.net. Here you should include your host/ip address/account name, g-line message, and any other information you feel applies. If you are wondering which rule it was that you broke, you can find out by reading http://www.gamesnet.net/aup.php.

eraser
GamesNET Support Operator

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If I was banned from a network I would just use another.

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
i have found a way around the klined rule it works 60% of the time so here goes.
<deleted by moderator>

Last edited by ParaBrat; 11/08/03 04:29 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Nope, nicks don't form part of a k:line. The mask is [email]user@host[/email] rather than nick!user@host - at least I do believe that is the 'standard'. However the fact that you changed your user id (ident) could be the contributing factor as the ban may include the actual user id you previously used. If the oper saw you get around the ban that way though it is entirely possible that you would get nailed again with a *@host, the mask I routinely use myself anyway which would mean that no matter how many times you change your user id, you wouldn't be able to reconnect.

P
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
P
What part of "we wont help you find a way to evade a ban" from the initial post is confusing you?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
The "wont" part frown

-br0d
#22846 16/10/03 06:43 AM
Babel fish
Babel fish
I've got a better answer...it's because you or someone on your ISP network is a <deleted by moderator, no need for name calling>, plain and simple.

Last edited by ParaBrat; 17/10/03 12:49 AM.

-Zmodem
#22847 19/10/03 11:33 AM
Babel fish
Babel fish
I willfully apologize for my rude comment.

-Zmodem
M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
As ParaBrat mentioned above, you may get auto-kline if there're a lot of connections to IRC server from the same IP address(session limit), it's familiar to i-net clubs... in this case it's better to talk to server admin to permit more limit.

I
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
I
Please be considerate and respectful of other posters. We don’t always share the same points of view, but we can all still be respectful of each other.
confused

C
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
C
If its a k-line connect to the network via a dif server.. k line is a server ban not a network ban.....if its a g-line contact the admin as was suggested..

/links will bring up a list of servers on the net

Link Copied to Clipboard