Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
N3M3S1S Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
N
Nice script pball you should let me add that to the next version of my script wink

"There is no theory of evolution, only a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live."
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
What script might that be?

Go ahead and use it if you want. If you give me credit sweet, if not nothing lost for me.

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
N
N3M3S1S Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
N
Its nothing too special, it is still in the beta testing pages. Its on hawkee. Just search my user name N3M3S1S on hawkee to see all my scripts.

I decided to make the switch bar the default choice in my script, but I added a popup menu for the status window allowing you to change back and forth between status and tree bars. laugh

"There is no theory of evolution, only a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live."
T
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
T
For me, it's always been the switchbar. I've had tons of channels and queries open on several irc networks to the point where you can't read the buttons on the switchbar but I still manage hehe, I hate the treebar, its just ugly and unthemable, maybe possible with a DLL but i'm anti-DLL and prefer to make everything i want/need in 100% mSL.

N
N3M3S1S Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
N
True. I don't mind the tree bar too much. But eh.

Why anti-DLL? DLLs allow for more features to be added to your mSL script. Using a DLL is still using mSL all the calling commands for the DLL are done in mSL. Now the programming language that makes the DLL is different, but you dont utilize that language in the mSL script that uses that DLL.

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Originally Posted By: N3M3S1S
True. I don't mind the tree bar too much. But eh.

Why anti-DLL? DLLs allow for more features to be added to your mSL script. Using a DLL is still using mSL all the calling commands for the DLL are done in mSL. Now the programming language that makes the DLL is different, but you dont utilize that language in the mSL script that uses that DLL.

DLLs influence stability... their biggest problem.

BTW... there's also the Window menu...

Last edited by MeStinkBAD; 07/10/10 07:56 AM.

Beware of MeStinkBAD! He knows more than he actually does!
N
N3M3S1S Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
N
Well the crappy DLLs are unstable, and the older DLLs dont work with the newer versions of mIRC, but there are some good solid DLLs out there. DCX is a good example of a nice DLL.

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Change the "Lines" of Switchbar and your problem will be solved :P
Treebar sucks

Nothing...
F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
Many parts of DCX are incompatible with Windows 7 and/or mIRC 7.*

I am SReject
My Stuff
N
N3M3S1S Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
N
I'm sure a new version will come out eventually. It works good with XP and 6.35 wink

I know I need to update to a newer OS but I like XP

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
On my netbook, I use switchbar, as I have very few channels to join, and want to have as much space in width as possible. On my desktop, I have a lot more space in the width, and I generally am on a lot more channels/networks, so I use the treebar.

So yeah, sometimes one, sometimes the other. Or both when mIRC is set all to default and I haven't changed anything yet.

http://zowb.net

/server -m irc.p2p-network.net -j #zomgwtfbbq
(ssl on port 6697 and 7000)
V
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
last time used switchbar was on 6.03
since treebar was introduced, never went back to switchbar

much more clean UI
and now when widescreen monitors are dominant
theres no lack of space in width so treebar is suitable

the only problem is lack of font size/type setting for it
atleast on older versions...

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I started using treebar right off the bat and while Im not an IRCer anymore, it's still locked on treebar.

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard