Print Thread
#22722 06/05/03 09:53 AM
X
xentix Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
X
Is it possible to run mIRC completely hidden? No icon in the systemtray, no mIRC window on the startbar, so only openable through ctrl + alt + delete.
It's for my bot which is running under windows XP.

#22723 06/05/03 03:25 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, your description of 'bot' isn't too entertaining, as 'bots' are what the mirc trojans (that do what you are explaining) do. I don't see any immediate reason why you would need to hide mirc completly. If its a problem with running your chat mirc and the bot mirc, and clicking the wrong icon several times, you could do this.

Either make your chat mirc not shrink to the systemtray, or change the icon of the bot mirc. This eliminates the "wrong icon" problem. cool

-KingTomato
#22724 06/05/03 05:19 PM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Or .. On start of mirc run a program what hide the mirc window ..

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
#22725 06/05/03 05:28 PM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
run mirc as service then all u see is the taskbar icon next to the time ....... if ur on xp select to always hide the icon in ur pc properties.
in the start menu right click on an empty space ... then select properties ... click on the taskbar tab and then click the customize button next to hide inactive icons ..... u can then select to always hide the icon ... anything else someone might come up with would be to run aprogram that does this sae thing only it removes it from that menu entirely ... which is very dangerous for trojans and other stuff like that ....... i wouldnt reccommend following anyones suggestion about that latter idea

D3m0nnet.com

Link Copied to Clipboard