Print Thread
#221741 28/05/10 12:34 PM
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
I would like to be able to choose the maximum number of lines stored in the historic for a window's editbox.
At least if not implemented as an option, increase this number (30) to something like 60.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Agreed. More often than I'd expect, I've looked for a command in history only to find it was overwritten by newer ones. An increase to something like 100 (or even better an option) would be nice.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I like this idea as well. I don't usually need to go back more than 10-15 lines when looking for a command while testing, but there are times that I hit the limit and am stuck with re-writing it. Increasing the limit or having an option to set the limit would be ideal. I think the option would make more people happy in that some people don't like having any history in the edit box for privacy or security reasons and it would let those people set it to 0 while those of us wanting it for testing purposes or some other reason can set it higher.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
T
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
T
I also support this idea.

100 sounds a good number

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
Second that, but i do not like any of presented numbers. Should be configurable. Also i miss restoration of editbox history, or, at least, script access to it.

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
I would like to see this limit extended again, when scripting it's typical to execute things in editboxes.

Not only I lose commands but even rebooting mIRC and losing them that way can be equally annoying.

I'd like a big increase but would rather have an option to save the history to a file, which is difficult to script natively, than to get a small increase.

I think the current limit is 100, can we get 300? Another feature that was asked in the past is to be able to access the history of editboxes as well as be able to /clear the buffer (delete Nth line as well).

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard