Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
M
Originally Posted By: Khaled
As mentioned, the name and email field now contain the words (optional) in v7.0 to make it clear to users that they do not need to enter these.

As for identd, the identd options are there because users have asked for them. Take a look at this recent bug report relating to identd. Not only is that user depending on both the email and identd user fields but they are also depending on a subtle behaviour with how mIRC chooses the email over the identd userid.

In addition, if I enabled identd permanently some users might say that they are running their own identd server and do not want mIRC interfering with it, or that they want to specify a different userid.

Did you read my original post? The first link points straight to that bug report. And I said disable the UI configuration and rely on the /identd command for alternate usernames for identd and the IRC server.

Quote:
I agree that having these options makes mIRC more complicated for non-technical users. I plan on making the interface more new-user friendly over the next few versions, although I am not sure how I am going to do that yet.

Why don't you take a look at how every other IRC client does it...

I should remind you that it's already broken as is. Since it's not multi-connection a where.

Last edited by MeStinkBAD; 21/04/10 09:25 PM.

Beware of MeStinkBAD! He knows more than he actually does!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thank you all for your comments on this issue.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard