mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
serged Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
I am using ubuntu 9.04...using wine program to use mirc.
It keeps crashing...Anyone as any ideas why it keeps crashing.

I will be waiting for any sugguestions smile

Oh...cannot attach files with screenshot in here..

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Quote:
I am using ubuntu 9.04...using wine program to use mirc.
Then how can you come on a mirc forum and say it keep crashing ? This is of course not a mIRC problem, make a post here about the problem won't change anything, have you tried to make a post on wine forum ?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
I dont use Ubuntu, but have you made sure you have all the latest updates installed? especially the wine updates. As was suggested try the wine forum, they are pretty decent, however remember mirc is not see as a prime piece of software. I.E it is not exactly a priority with the nix community.
Good luck on this

Happy mIRC user on Linux
S
serged Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you constantine that was the right reply smile
Wine is the updated version...but it keeps on crashes like every hour almost..I will goto wines forums and ask them..thanks again.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
When you say it "keeps" crashing, what do you mean? Randomly? At regular intervals? Upon certain things occurring (pasting, opening the scripts editor, etc.)?

Are you using any scripts/DLLs? If so, does mIRC still crash with them unloaded?

I assume this is with the latest version of mIRC aswell (6.35)?

Wims: You'll notice this wasn't posted in the Bugs section, so clearly the OP isn't trying to blame mIRC for anything. Posting here won't fix the problem in WINE, but it's entirely possible he just wants a workaround and this isn't an unreasonable place to look for one given the likelihood of others using mIRC with WINE (like me for instance).

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I wager that it's a dll.

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
Originally Posted By: DJ_Sol
I wager that it's a dll.

I agree I only run dead basic "clean" installs of mirc and have had very few problems under fedora, centos and rhel. So I can't really comment on scripted installs. Would be interesting to find out what scripts/themes would run though.

Happy mIRC user on Linux
T
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
My recommendations:

1) Use the WineTricks script to install riched20 (see http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks)
2) Use the WineFix mIRC script I made, which should fix all list drawing bugs (http://code.google.com/p/winefix/source/browse/trunk/winefix.mrc)

3) (Optional) Check out the WineHQ entry for mIRC 6.XX at http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=12568

[02:16] * Titanic has quit IRC (Excess Flood)
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
His post don't seems very clear to me, he is asking why it keep crashing but of course no one can answer this since we don't know much.I don't said he was blaming mirc because he wasn't and I agree that my post could be understood this way.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
S
serged Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: starbucks_mafia
When you say it "keeps" crashing, what do you mean? Randomly? At regular intervals? Upon certain things occurring (pasting, opening the scripts editor, etc.)?

Are you using any scripts/DLLs? If so, does mIRC still crash with them unloaded?

I assume this is with the latest version of mIRC aswell (6.35)?

Wims: You'll notice this wasn't posted in the Bugs section, so clearly the OP isn't trying to blame mIRC for anything. Posting here won't fix the problem in WINE, but it's entirely possible he just wants a workaround and this isn't an unreasonable place to look for one given the likelihood of others using mIRC with WINE (like me for instance).

I am not blaming on mirc at all..Just wonder why it is crashing all the time..As I am a member of Help Support Staff over buzzen.com

Yes, we are using scripts n dlls. The version we are using is not yet updated...still using version 4.

Wine is working correctly tho..The only question I was asking why in some rooms it doesnt crash n in help support room it crashes when members enters the room..like example..5 people enters then it crashes..

S
serged Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: The_JD
My recommendations:

1) Use the WineTricks script to install riched20 (see http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks)
2) Use the WineFix mIRC script I made, which should fix all list drawing bugs (http://code.google.com/p/winefix/source/browse/trunk/winefix.mrc)

3) (Optional) Check out the WineHQ entry for mIRC 6.XX at http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=12568

Yes...JD...i have just done that. WineTricks installed.

S
serged Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I wager that it's a dll.

What do u mean by "wager dll"?

T
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
Originally Posted By: serged
I wager that it's a dll.

A wager is a bet, He's betting that your issues are caused by a DLL, Did what I suggested above fix your issue? I know quite a few users have had crashes without riched32.

You're suggestion that it happens when a certain amount of users joins a channel makes me wonder if this is a external issue, such as a DLL.

Anyhow, Post your issue over on the WineHQ thread and see if anyone else has the same issues.
Do you have the same issues with a clean install of mIRC?

[02:16] * Titanic has quit IRC (Excess Flood)
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Quote:
still using version 4.

I was unable to locate a reference as to when that version was released, but noting that the version numbers have been in the 6.xx range for nearly the past 6 years, version 4 is extremely out of date.

Try upgrading to the current version here and see if you still have the same problems.

S
serged Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: RusselB
Quote:
still using version 4.

I was unable to locate a reference as to when that version was released, but noting that the version numbers have been in the 6.xx range for nearly the past 6 years, version 4 is extremely out of date.

Try upgrading to the current version here and see if you still have the same problems.

Thanks...russel...but still the same...even with the updates of mirc...keeps on crashing...

S
serged Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: The_JD
Originally Posted By: serged
I wager that it's a dll.

A wager is a bet, He's betting that your issues are caused by a DLL, Did what I suggested above fix your issue? I know quite a few users have had crashes without riched32.

You're suggestion that it happens when a certain amount of users joins a channel makes me wonder if this is a external issue, such as a DLL.

Anyhow, Post your issue over on the WineHQ thread and see if anyone else has the same issues.
Do you have the same issues with a clean install of mIRC?

A clean copy of mirc...urmm could do that...so u r telling me not to move the dll folders to the new 1..right? k..i will try that...i will keep u updated...with the results laugh

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
A clean copy does not use any 3rd party DLL's, so if you move the DLL's to the new installation, it's no longer a clean copy.

S
serged Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: RusselB
A clean copy does not use any 3rd party DLL's, so if you move the DLL's to the new installation, it's no longer a clean copy.

still the same results...the dlls folders is important 4 ower staff access tho...anyways...reinstall windows now...we just go with the flow uh...lol

u can close topic...tyvm all 4 helping...

Last edited by serged; 31/07/09 08:58 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard