Print Thread
T
Thrull Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
Hi,

On occasion, I find that I've been responding to questions/comments on a channel that happened hours ago. The problem? I scrolled up in channel, and never scrolled back down. As time goes by, more and more lines are said and I'm further and further behind.

While this is hardly a serious problem, I assumed I could fix it with a script. However, I can't seem to find a way to do it properly. Any help?

Thanks

Edit: Yeah, I know I can make Mirc beep if someone says something while I'm scrolled up. I was hoping I'd be able to either automatically scroll the window down on 5 minutes idle or something slightly less annoying than beeping.

Last edited by Thrull; 12/07/09 10:53 AM.

Yar
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Only thing I can really suggest is that you can save your buffer or log. Then after you always return to your client just type /clear as it will clear your buffer and automatically start you fresh.

You can implement /clear into the On INPUT event on some kind of timer I suppose.

Peace out.

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Something you can do is use sendkey to send page down :
Code:
alias pgdn .comopen a WScript.Shell | .comclose a $com(a,SendKeys,3,bstr,{pgdn})
Could use this with a timer, but maybe this is what you call 'not properly'

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
T
Thrull Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
Mmmm, would it be possible to just use sendkeys to send Control+End? Even if so, aside from the timer method (which is actually very doable) is there some way to check if I'm scrolled up? An identifier of some sort? SOMEthing? smile

Yar
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
He, I wasn't aware that control + end directly put the scroll at her maximum, of course you can do :
Code:
alias ctrl_end .comopen a WScript.Shell | .comclose a $com(a,SendKeys,3,bstr,^{end})
As for knowning if you're scrolled up, I think there no way to do this with mirc scripting itself, but a dll can be used.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
T
Thrull Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
Ok, thank you very much. This ought to be enough to solve my issue. I can loop through all the windows when my idle reaches a certain point and just use the $com statement.

Yar

Link Copied to Clipboard