mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
V
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
V
First, sorry about my english!
The cuestion is this: wen i open a private i can reed what i write but i cant reed what the other person do. I try to unninstall mirc and re-install it several times, and i try to change configurations, but this not resolve the problem. This happens a few days to now, before i dont have this problem... Can somebody help me with that please? Thanks. frown frown frown

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
1) Make sure you don't ignore private messages of this user (or maybe all users) with mIRCs ignore function. To clear mIRCs ignore list: /ignore -r .

2) If you have any scripts loaded, disable them temporarily with: /remote off . If the problem is gone now, it was related to one of the scripts you've loaded. To re-enable the scripts: /remote on .

3) You may have a usermode set on this network that prevents you from receiving private messages. Example: UnrealIRCd has usermode +R, with R you cannot receive private messages from unregistered users.
To see your current usermodes: //echo -a $usermode . If it contains "R" (uppercase), try: //mode $me -R .
You may as well ask at the network's help channel (usually #help) if any usermodes or services' settings could block incoming private messages.

V
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
V
Thank you Horstl for your help!!! The problem was resolved!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard