mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
i have been working on allot of computers that had that problem, but often when you scrolling large amount of text, and at 99% of the cases it ended with me updating the drivers, and after that everything worked ok, and this is just a tip for you to try, if i should be able to point at the problem, then i need to sit in front of your computer and test things my self, but it can be settings or drivers or hardware or any other of the 1000+ reasons why you see this lag. and as i stated before, i have been testing mirc on windows 7, windows vista, and last on windows xp (all 64 bits), and i haven't noticed any problem so far, only thing is that on 64 bits system some things like dialogs and custom windows can look a bit different, and one thing, look so your hard drive don't run in PIO mode. (property's on your hard drive) it should be in udma mode..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I can see this being a possibility in order to maintain compatability with earlier versions, but, to my knowledge, Khaled is the only one that can say for sure.

A
Babel fish
Babel fish
A
Got a new PC today and unfortunately noticed that I have exactly the same problem as MassMan now.

100% CPU usage on one core while scrolling, while marking text, or when there's a lot of activity in the active window.
Not having similar problems in any other applications than mIRC at all.

Intel Core 2 Duo E840 @ 3.00 GHz
ATI Radeon HD4870, 512 MB DDR5
2GB DDR2 RAM Dual Channel

Windows XP Professional SP3, 32 bit
mIRC v6.35

frown

T
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
His issue happens only on 64bit O/S
He has NVidia - You have ATI
He has AMD - You have Intel

Allthough the issue is possibly related, it likely wouldn't be a hardware issue, and needs more investigation.

Last edited by The_JD; 30/05/09 12:34 PM.

[02:16] * Titanic has quit IRC (Excess Flood)
A
Babel fish
Babel fish
A
Originally Posted By: The_JD
He has NVidia - You have ATI
He has AMD - You have Intel

Huh?
Originally Posted By: MassMan
Sysinfo: Core 2 Duo E8500, ASUS P5Q PRO, 512 MB RADEON HD 4850 ASUS GDDR3, 4gb ram, 1920x1200 resolution. Windows XP 64bit. mIRC 6.35.

Originally Posted By: The_JD
Allthough the issue is possibly related, it likely wouldn't be a hardware issue, and needs more investigation.

I'm not sure if this helps in any way, it's Process Explorer showing the 50 CPU usage while scrolling in mIRC:

If there's anything else I can do or try to resolve this issue somehow I'll be glad to do so.

I've been using mIRC for years and love it, but these CPU usage spikes and the lag makes it not exactly enjoyable anymore, I really hope this can be resolved somehow, whatever is causing it. frown

P.S.: My userlevel software setup is pretty much the same as it used to be on my previous PC.
Apart from mIRC I mainly constantly run Firefox, PUTTY, and COMODO Firewall, but as I said I used to use these before already, and stopping them didn't help either.

T
T4K Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
T
I found a solution for this on my Windows 7 7100 build 64bit version. Right click on mIRC.exe Click properties select "Compatibility" tab. Then check box Run this program in compatibility mode for: "Windows XP SP2" This has fixed all cpu / scrolling problems I was having before. Seems to be stable now.

-T4K

Machine specs: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83 @ 3.4ghz, 4g Ram, ATI 4850 1Gig 2560x1600

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard