Print Thread
#208275 17/01/09 04:49 PM
T
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
T
Hi everyone,

I have a small problem with the registration through a proxy: It does not work, it said that the server is busy... But I can join a network.

What can I do ? smirk

PS: Sorry for my english. ^^

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Which registration are you referring to?
If you're referring to the mIRC registration, it's possible that the server that handles the registration information was busy, as has been reported before, and all you need to do is keep trying.
This has nothing to do with your ability to join an IRC network, as the mIRC registration server is not on an IRC network.

On the other hand, if you are trying to register your nick on a network that you are able to connect to, then the server can't be too busy, otherwise you would not be able to connect to the network.

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks for your answer, it's for mirc registration. wink

But I'm trying for months.. So I think that mirc can't pass the proxy to verify the information (name and key).

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
It might be that the registration server isn't designed to recognize the information via a proxy connection.
Did you try to process the registration without using a proxy?
If not, that would be my next suggestion.

T
OP Offline
T
I can't, I've installed this version at school and we are behind a proxy/socks. But it works at home (with another pc and another installation). So, what can I do?

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
You should read mirc's help file about firewall: /help firewall

It mention about proxy and how to connect via socks, etc..

T
OP Offline
T
I know how to connect to a network through a proxy/socks and it works but I just can't register mirc...

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Well, I think you have two options here: one is to contact Khaled and the other is to ask your school's network administrator about this matter.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
It's likely that mIRC isn't setup to use Firewall settings in the registration dialog. You should submit a bug report for this, in my opinion.

On a sidenote, the registration process makes outgoing TCP connections on port 80, the HTTP port. Is your school blocking outgoing www access? If not, then mIRC should be able to connect just fine. If your school requires proxying for all connections made, then it would be an issue.

A way around this if you're technically savvy would be to create an SSH tunnel from localhost:80 to your proxy- you would also need to add an entry for the mirc register webserver to your `hosts` file in Windows to trick mIRC into connecting to localhost. There also might be some third-party Windows program that automatically redirects any Winsock sockets through a proxy of your choice (the same way proxychains works on Linux). These aren't pretty solution at all, but it would probably be faster than waiting for this bug to be fixed in the next version.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
T
OP Offline
T
Yep my school block everything ^^.

Well, I tried to configure a SSH tunnel but i failed. I think I'll wait the next version ahah.

Btw, thank you for your help. wink

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
You can't *just* wait until the next version. You need to submit a bug report in the Bug Reports section, otherwise this issue will likely not be addressed- I don't think Khaled reads this forum.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
T
OP Offline
T
Done. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard