mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Zmodem Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
It would be nice to see more objects added to the list of dialog objects. I know that this has been discussed numerous times before, but I figured I'd just say that since the Rich Edit Boxes have finally been added, it's nice to have. I would much like to see Rich Edit controls extended, for things like Font & Colors.

Progress bars, treeview, listview and comboviews would also be a great touch! Not sure how practical or how difficult these are to implement, but still worth waiting for smile

-Zmodem
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
this already exists, its called DLLs, or just simply make ur own picwin GUI smile
you dont need progress bars, you can mock them with other things, same with most of the other stuff, but colors in rich edits would be nice, but that would break the color selection dialog support

This is not the signature you are looking for
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Oh really? I didn't know these things existed, thanks for lighten ever scripter on IRC up with the most valuable information!

_
Babel fish
Babel fish
_
I lot of these "already existing" controls in WHATEVER third-party solution would be better internally supported provided. Bloat? More work loading/processing DLL calls/COM/script code than just having it in there in the first place. Things like docking Web controls however are abstract features that in my opinion are things that should be provided by other means.

I like the idea of additional controls.

P
Babel fish
Babel fish
P
I don't like using those DLL files since they seem to behave different under every system I tested them...
At least thats the experience I made with DCX - from 10 people testing codes, only 1 seemed to have the same behaviour as I did.
The rest had random bugs and error messages, some fixable by additional refreshing or different creating parameters of windows, but thats not the point of the feature - and I could not find a solution for every problem...
(Also, the latest DCX version was published almost 1 year ago.)

What I would really like to see provided by mIRC:

ListView
Not with those colors, progress bars, icons and stuff...
Just to have a well arranged table inside my dialog - useable for banlists e.g. and a lot of other stuff ...

TreeView
Again, I guess noone needs all that color stuff, just a little list like in mIRC's options dialog would be very nice.
They are good for every bigger (options-)dialog, to keep an overview of all options.

The ability to resize and move dialog controls.

I don't really know if people need RichEdit, I don't ...
But it could be usefull (maybe), too smile

Last edited by Pivo; 03/11/08 12:05 PM.
Zmodem Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Rich Edit is definitely a plus for a few scripters, that I know of. Text 'highlighting' would provide MASSIVE support for people wanting to develop things like: word editors, script editors, html editors, fancy help boxes for custom scripts, etc. Pretty unique idea.

Also, large files between 28kb-34kb cannot be loaded fully into standard edit boxes. Rich Edit boxes have the ability to hold infinite data.

-Zmodem
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:
Also, large files between 28kb-34kb cannot be loaded fully into standard edit boxes. Rich Edit boxes have the ability to hold infinite data.

From mIRC 6.35 dialog editboxes support the "rich" property that removes that limit (a limit can be set by the scripter using the "limit N" property if desired).

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Zmodem Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
Yea, I know this wink The previous post I made was, in retrospect, praising mIRC's new Rich Edit functionality, as Pivo had suggested that people don't need it. I was merely stating that I, as well as a few of my other fellow scripters, really enjoy this new functionality.

However, it's a step in the right direction to providing even more custom dialog objects. I just can't wait to see what the future holds!

-Zmodem
P
Babel fish
Babel fish
P
Originally Posted By: Zmodem
I was merely stating that I, as well as a few of my other fellow scripters, really enjoy this new functionality.

I was talking about the richedit-fields provided by many dlls, mainly to have colors inside a dialog.
The present rich-option of normal mIRC dialogs is cool, of course wink - Thats why I don't think we need even more richedit-functions.

Link Copied to Clipboard