mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
It would be nice to have a main nick and an alternative nick set for each network instead of using one main nick and one alternative nick for all of them since you may use different nicks for different networks.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
How many networks should Khaled allow for this?
I'm connected to 4 networks on a regular basis, and have seen me connected to as many as 10 networks simultaneously.

S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
I'd say as many networks as you want and to have a default main and alternative nickname for networks you don't specify to have a certain main and alternative nickname for.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I think this could be done by moving some options to the server details window, next to port settings etc.

maybe even rework the perform dialog to put the network specific perform in that same window?

that would give some more control over specific networks.

there should be one place with default settings though to use for servers you didn't set any specific information for.

other would simply be to script your connecting to the networks and set the main + altnick through the /server command ;-]

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
It's already been suggested to redo the alt-o -> connect settings dialog in order to make them network specific, I think that would solve this problem and more (real name, ident, etc).

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
/server <server> [port] [password] [-i nick anick email name] [-jn #channel pass]

suggestion
a custom connect dialog with an ini config file would do it for u

on button sclick: {
/server <server> [port] -i $readini($filename,nick,<server> $readini($filename,anick,<server>) email name
}

Link Copied to Clipboard