Print Thread
#202686 28/07/08 07:35 AM
S
SirUrza Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
So I noticed something that's been happening in my logs since upgrading to 6.33.

In my logs I get this..

Session Start: Fri Jul 18 20:45:52 2008
Session Ident: #modern
˪03[20:45] * Now talking in #modern
˪03[20:45] * Urza_ (~Urza@ool-18bcd9c3.dyn.optonline.net) has joined #modern
Session Close: Fri Jul 18 20:45:57 2008
˪03[20:45] * Urza_ (~Urza@ool-18bcd9c3.dyn.optonline.net) has left #modern

The number after ˪ isn't always 03, sometimes it's 12 other times it's 01.

What's changed and how do I prevent that from appearing in the logs?

Last edited by SirUrza; 28/07/08 07:37 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This sounds like a bug to me, and I confirm that it is happening with mIRC 6.33 but not 6.32

I looked through the versions.txt file and couldn't find anything regarding a change in the logging method for this latest upgrade.

S
SirUrza Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Glad it's not just me.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I thought i had replied to a thread on this topic before, but i can't find it in search. It looks like mirc has changed channel logs to be throwing in color codes so that the line would look like the window originally looked. Event lines used to not have a color code on them, but now they do. It's also changed so that "echo 4 -a test" in a channel window now puts the '4' control code into the log when it didn't used to do so. He's seeing the different control codes probably because they're colors for different types of events.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Hmm.. fortunately I don't normally need to use my logs, but if I need/want to send information from my logs to someone else, as is the case where I want/need to substantiate a kill or line as an IRCop to the network owner, I can see how this can be annoying.

This isn't just happening with channel logs, as I log everything, and it's showing in pm/query logs, channel logs, and status window logs.

Last edited by RusselB; 29/07/08 04:26 AM.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Sounds like you've got the "Log Line Colours" option on, in which case mIRC needs to place a colour control code at the start of each line to correctly reproduce its colour. As the colour control code is a non-printable character its appearance varies wildly from font to font and depending on language settings - the symbol you're describing is a common representation.

Go to mIRC Options, IRC, Logging, and uncheck Line colors if you don't want that logged any more although obviously this will prevent mIRC from accurately reproducing line colours if you have the "reload logs" option enabled.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Actually, i found this annoying behavior in mirc 6.32's status window also. Also annoying is that in a fresh install of 6.33 when i immediately set logging to 'none', only to discover several days later that it's been faithfully logging all the worthless garbage in the status window, which has only on/off settings and no 'default' like the channels do.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
That was indeed the case, and I don't recall setting that to on, so I'm unsure if it's on by default or not. I just hope this doesn't stop the logging of colours that appear around specific text rather than the full line, as I like to have those colours in my logs.

Link Copied to Clipboard