mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#198051 19/04/08 09:01 PM
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
sickI am struggling to redo an existing MIRC bot. Its one that a person adds to a new MIRC. It has greets for people coming into a channel. I changed the nick the greeting was intended for and added more nicks and greetings. The { } seemed to move and when I change them they revert back when I save.
Is there help out there for me?
The working bot is no longer working. cry

Last edited by SilkyOne; 20/04/08 01:30 AM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
The only way anyone can help you is if you explain what you changed in more detail. There's no magic word that fixes any problem, and "no longer working" doesn't even describe the actual problem to begin with.

However, instead of describing your problem here, I highly recommend telling this information to the person who wrote the original bot, they would know what to fix a lot faster than anyone here.

Otherwise you can redownload the original script again and don't mess with it this time.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
OP Offline
S
The person that wrote this bot has vanished from irc.
It's a very personalized bot that gives unique greets to each regular that enters.
I would have no idea where the original script came from.
Here is a sample, if its permitted:

on *:join:#:{
if ($nick != $me) {
writeini -n chantemp.ini $nick join $time
}
if ($nick == Sunpit) {
.msg $chan 12Hello, $nick, Conquerer of many hearts....
}
elseif ($nick === PaleHorse) {
.msg $chan 14and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
}
elseif ($nick === toy{T}) {
.msg $chan 12 Hi, $nick $+ , sweet thing... devoted and owned slut of the caveman called 4Tharon 12*grins and watches her small round $&
bottom wiggle as she moves through the room
}
elseif ($nick == $me) {
.msg $chan 12On your knees A/all! ..... 14The Enslaver has arrived!

Last edited by SilkyOne; 20/04/08 01:31 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
It looks like this is, at least in part, a greet script, with seen potential. If so, there are many other scripts that do one or the other, and can be loaded and run almost simultaneously (the difference in timing probably wouldn't be noticed by most people).

I suggest you look at sites like Hawkee, mIRC Scripts, and mIRC.net for replacement scripts. As you noted, that one is very specific and most (if not all) of the scripts on those sites are set-up to be more generally usable.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
For the greeting, just add the following line to your remotes (Alt+R):

on *:JOIN:#mychannel:if ($read($scriptdirgreet.txt,s,$nick)) msg # $v1

Then make a file in the same folder as the script, name it greet.txt, and fill it with lines of the form "nickname GREETING", ex.:

toy{T} Hi, $nick $+ , sweet thing... blah blah blah

For the seen script part, download one from the list of sites above. Also, if your channel sees a lot of traffic (joins/parts) you might want to get a more efficient greet script than the one I just listed as well. I only posted it for simplicity sake, since it's an easy one-liner.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I would use $read(...,ns,...) to avoid possible future problems with identifiers being present in the file.

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
But this is exactly the functionality used here: the lines in the file contain $nick, which needs to be evaluated. Of course one could replace all $nick occurrences with the actual nick on each line... seems fine either way.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
S
OP Offline
S
I guess its all too deep for me. whistle But thanks so much for trying !

Link Copied to Clipboard