Print Thread
#177200 21/05/07 01:59 PM
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
I don't know if its a bug or not but when i have for exemple 2 status window open ( connected on server with channel open ) if i open a /window in the desktop on one server, when the window is active and when the last active window is a channel, when i click on the treebar, the last window channel is the active window, then i click on the status window, adn then again on the /window that i've opened, and here, mirc try to maximize ( in fact i dont know how to say what happen ) but failed.

Maybe this explanation is too difficult, so tell me if you want more detail

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
how did you open your window, I can't reprodice this. I used /window -d @blah then tried to follow the click pattern you used. Could you have perhaps double clicked the titlebar of the created window(which would cause it to maximise?) or the window icon (which would cause it to close?)

mIRC 6.21 on XP

btk

billythekid
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
i used /window -dp @Ga -1 -1 200 200, and i've tested on xp pro mirc 6.21

It's not a problem with the window because you don't need to "play" with it, just to "play" with the treebar ( i think this appear with switchbar too but not tested ). Some other user have tested and all of them have reproduce this strange thing

you must have server1 with #channel1 and server2 with #channel2.
open the @window in server2, activate #channel1, activate the @window , (mirc, now, is not the active application), click on the treebar (#channel1 will be the active window), click on server1 status window, and then on the window opened

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I can't seem to reproduce this issue here. If you test this with a clean copy of mIRC, with no scripts, default settings, etc. does it still happen?

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Yes, its the same with clean install and no script, i make a screenshot to help

http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mircbugvt9.jpg

click on #wims, @Ga, on the treebar ( #wims is active ), on "Epiknet", and on @Ga,

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
I can reproduce the problem. First of all, the MDI windows must be maximized. Then all you need to do is open a desktop @window on the second connection and alternate between the Status on the first connection and that @window. It doesn't matter if you use the switchbar or the treebar (or both) for this, the effect is the same: mirc restores (unmaximizes) MDI windows and then maximizes them again. I assume this is not as noticeable if you have turned off the maximize/restore animation in Windows.

The reason it needs a second Status open is that the problem only occurs if the "Move status window for active connection to top" option (in Window > Group...) is enabled (which it is not on a clean install).

Last edited by qwerty; 23/05/07 04:28 PM.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
I can reproduce what i said on clean mirc.

"The reason it needs a second Status open is that the problem only occurs if the "Move status window for active connection to top" option (in Window > Group...) is enabled (which it is not on a clean install)."

It's wrong in 6.21, this option is enable on a clean instal

Last edited by Wims; 23/05/07 05:38 PM.

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
You're right, I tried it with //run $mircexe -r<dir>, where <dir> contained a mirc.ini that was generated by a previous instance of this command (<dir> was initially empty). I assumed that this mirc.ini would be the same as that of a clean install (as I hadn't changed any options), but for some reason it wasn't.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
yeah i reproduced it now. i can do it by clicking the treebar itself then clicking server1, @window. it also happens if after opening these windows/servers you close server 2. this leaves the @window on it's own. then open another server, you can reproduce the same maximising effect with server 2.

btk

billythekid
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks this should be fixed for the next version.

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Apparently, this issues is really difficult to fixed, because there still have an annoying effect with the window.
See this videos :
http://www.zippyvideos.com/2383691677308316/mirc0001/

At the begining, i just click on the treebar beetween a status bar and a window (desktop)
After, when the status bar is active, i click on the window itself, if i keep the left button pressed while i click on the window, the effect is visible during almost 1 second, if i don't keep the button pressed, it's behave as with the treebar click...

It's not on the videos but if i right click and keep it pressed on the window, the effect is visible until i droped the button.

The annoying effect is just the status bar window of the active connection for this desktop window.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks I've made a change which should resolve this issue for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard