Print Thread
I
ix007 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I
How would I check conflicting times?
example: if i had an event at 1:30pm and I wanted a hour and a half cushion. Meaning it wouldn't pick up anything before 3:00pm could not be triggered, but anything before 1:30pm could be triggered.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
difficult, but not impossible.. you'd have to store the event time and the cushion time, then check any subsequent event times to ensure that they are greater than the event time + the cushion time.

If you could give a better example of the type of event you have in mind, it would help.

I
ix007 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I
Well, right now. its for a gameserver rental service. when someone types .schedule <time>
its triggered in an ON TEXT.
I was going to try to make an if statement but it seems like a long hard process.
Time format is hh:nntt

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
With what you wrote you're saying you you do NOT want anything BEFORE 3pm to trigger it but you also want it triggered on anything BEFORE 1:30pm? Anything that's before 3pm will be before 1:30 pm.

Now, I'm going to assume for a second that you want it to trigger at anytime BETWEEN 1:30pm and 3pm?

If so...

Code:
if ( ( $Gettok($asctime(HH:nn:ss),1,58) <= 15 ) && ( $calc($Gettok($asctime(HH:nn:ss),1,58) + $Gettok($asctime(HH:nn:ss),2,58) / 60 ) >= 13.5 ) ) { do stuff here }

There's probably an easier way, using Regex. I'm tired and the brain doesn't want to be bothered with Regex though.

Last edited by Thrull; 23/03/08 03:55 AM.

Yar
I
ix007 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I
if there is a time like 2:00. I want it not to be able to be triggered until after a hour and a half time period.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I was thinking almost the opposite.. if the event gets set between 1:30 and 3 pm, then nothing happens.
Code:
on *:text:.schedule*:#:{
  if !$3 { .msg $nick Usage: .schedule [length] [start time] }
  else {
    inc %schedule
    set $+(%,schedule.start,%schedule) $ctime($date $$3-)
    if $($+(%,schedule.start,%schedule),2) < $ctime {      inc $+(%,schedule.start,%schedule) 86400    }
    set $+(%,schedule.end,%schedule) $calc($($+(%,schedule.start,%schedule),2) + $duration($2))
  }
  var %a = 1, %b = %schedule
  while %a < %b {
    if $($+(%,schedule.start,%schedule),2) isnum $+($($+(%,schedule.start,%a),2),-,$($+(%,schedule.end,%a),2)) {
      .msg $nick Sorry but your requested schedule time conflicts with a previous schedule
      unset $+(%,schedule.*,%schedule)
      dec %schedule
      halt
    }
    inc %a
  }
}

I
ix007 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I
ahh. Perfect! This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
That will also allow people to set schedules up to 24 hours in advance, but not any further and it also won't keep track on a channel by channel and/or network basis.

Link Copied to Clipboard