mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#195876 04/03/08 10:30 PM
N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
I've asked around various networks for help in copying my old notify list to version 6.31.

Most say just add them back in by hand. ( I have over 90 ugh)

Some will admit that the list is kept in mirc.ini After carefully backing up and copying my old notify list into mirc.ini, nothing happened. Then I stumbled over here and saw that the this version of mIRC keeps it's list under Application Data/mIRC (windows XP)
I again carefully copied the names into that file, (replacing two names I had manually entered) saved it, rebooted the computer, and when I go to look at it: The only names in that file were the two I manually entered. So is something somewhere recopying that file from ANOTHER location? I've done this three times and each time the file reverts back to the two names.
Can someone tell me where the file is that mirc REALLY uses? or how to change a backup copy so it won't keep replacing the file?

very frustrated,
BJ in Texas, USA
and yes I probably could have manually typed in everyone's name by now but it's the principle of the thing! smile

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
Not 100% sure of this one but I think if you copy the mirc.exe file from where mirc6.31 installed to and paste it into your current folder it should use the mirc.ini file it finds there. Hopefully some other 6.31 user can help you out a little better.
Best of luck

Happy mIRC user on Linux
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You don't really want/need to do that.

To the OP, if you are making changes to the mIRC.ini file (whether it's the one in your mIRC folder or the one in Appdata), you cannot change it while mIRC is running.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
Hey thanks for replying. I never thought about that. I figured all the other files might have changed with this new version too.

Take care!
BJ in Tx

N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping that is it. I'll shut down, restart, change the file, restart again without running mIRC. keeping my fingers crossed.

BJ in Texas, USA

Link Copied to Clipboard