mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#191381 08/12/07 01:19 AM
J
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
Hi i have been trying to get into irc.ArtificialIRC.net (6667) for the past 2 days with always the same message unable to resolve server. I have been using this channel for the past 4 years and never had this problem..

Help would be appreciated

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Doesn't work here. Sounds like the network name is no longer valid. Perhaps they didn't pay for the name and it expired. Try an IP address if you know of one and see if you can connect that way. Check your logs to see if you have an IP address listed or a specific server name.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
J
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
Thx but no logs, some1 mentioned try a dns on it? But i have no idea how to do that. Any idea. Thx

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
Hi, the domain is still registered but it is locked and not pointing to any ip. I have to agree with Riamus that it does appear to have closed down.

Happy mIRC user on Linux
D
dab Offline
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
D
i was finally able to get in by typing /go

H
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
H
hey., i've also got this prob. I just restarted my comp, and then i wasn't able to connect. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection... Server : *.quakenet.org (6667)

C
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
C
I just recently downloaded Mirc. I'm trying to use a server collarme.com I go to that site and use java now, but many there use Mirc. I get Unable to Resolve Server over and over again, and no one at the site, even those already there on Mirc can figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Chances are that you're not using the right irc address to connect to in mIRC. What address are you using? irc.what.com ?

Invision Support
C
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
C
I've tried irc.collarme.com, still doesn't work. People at the site say that they're connected using www . collarme.com, that didn't work either. Others told me chat.collarme.com, not that either. I've verified that I'm using the same port as everyone else, 6667 and I don't know what else to try.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, I looked on Google and they say the irc server is irc.collarme.com port 6667, but testing it revealed that it doesn't work. So I tried to ping it and it won't ping to irc.collarme.com either. If I try to ping www.collarme.com, it at least resolves, but just times out. So either the host only accepts connections from specific locations/hosts or else it's down or just doesn't accept connections without some method to identify yourself as a legitimate user or something.

Invision Support
C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
Hi claree use /server 69.36.229.169 or /server chat.collarme.com
a quick whois resolves correctly.
Good luck

Happy mIRC user on Linux

Link Copied to Clipboard