mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
That doesn't necessarily rule out anything. It really depends on the MP3s tested. If a few MP3s don't work for any reason then it's possible that certain people could have all their MP3 files with the specific properties that cause the issue or it could simply be indicative of a larger problem. Without being able to pinpoint the actual problem or see mIRC's source there's simply no way we can discount anything with what little information there is. Which means we need more info, or more specifically, the information I requested above from a selection of people.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
To change the tags just get Audacity and use the function

This is not the signature you are looking for
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Originally Posted By: starbucks_mafia

Without being able to pinpoint the actual problem or see mIRC's source there's simply no way we can discount anything with what little information there is.

That's why I added the url to the MCI DLL, if they have the same problem when they try to play the file with the dll, then it has nothing to do with mIRC as in my situation. I guess though it would be kind of difficult for a normal user to figure out how to use the dll.

~ Edit ~
Also, they need to make sure the MCI drivers are installed on their system, though they should be as they're installed with XP/Vista by default.

Sound, video and game controllers > Media Control Devices

RoCk #193426 19/01/08 06:03 PM
G
GSi Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
G
Users with the problem can't play any MP3 files with mIRC. Is not a file encoding problem, because the users have a lot of MP3 from different sources, with different encoding, with different bitrates, etc.

But the fact is that these MP3 works with others players.

I don't know what is wrong. mIRC don't play MP3, but I think it reads the file header to pass to the system to play, and I think the problem is here, in the mIRC or in the system (or both).

RoCk #193427 19/01/08 06:08 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You're making assumptions about what mIRC is doing that you have no good reason to make.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

I'm not assuming anything, this is how mIRC plays the files. And did you just skip over the post earlier in this thread where Khaled himself stated...

"mIRC has no ability to play sound or music files itself, it only passes the play request on to Windows which then uses installed codecs to play the file."

RoCk #193434 19/01/08 06:30 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You're assuming that mIRC does nothing else with the files/filenames beforehand.

As far as Khaled's response, of course the first and most obvious response was going to be that the codecs weren't correct. There hasn't been a response by Khaled since the last set of posts in which it has been made pretty clear that it's not a simple case of appropriate codecs not being installed.

G
GSi Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
G
Using the CDex app in my non affected systen, I can see in the codecs list the "Windows MP3 codec", and other codecs, Lame MP3, Fraunhofer, etc.

But a affected user tell me that "Windows MP3 codec" don't appears on CDex list.

Perhaps Winamp, Windows Media, and others players use any available coded such Lame MP3 or Fraunhofer, and mIRC use exclusively the "Windows MP3 Codec" ? (question for Khaled).

I have looking for donwload this specific codec, but I only find third party codecs, and the Windows Media not download the codec if other MP3 codec is installed in the system, I think.

Anybody knows how reinstall the codec ? Perhaps by removing the others MP3 codecs and then using WMP to play an MP3 and forcing it to donwload the genuine codec ?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard