Print Thread
#186078 17/09/07 04:59 AM
A
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
Hi All...
OK, it's a little weird asking for assistance with someone else's script..especially one as complicated as this one...but here's the deal..

The attached script is awesome.

mIRC MySQL script - Author: MonoTeK

The problem is...the documentation isn't great.
I can get it to connect to my MySQL server...
I can even run queries...the problem is that whenever it encounters a NULL value in the database...it craps out.

I have a table in a database with 20 columns. I can do a /Mysql_query testing select * from testtable where ID = '1'
and it returns the data...( using /mysql_getfield(x,y) )...but firstly when it pulls a NULL value, it skips it. Secondly, there are some text strings that seem to interact with the mIRC parser and cause weird text color changes and stuff like that. Simple data like +8 for some reason triggers a BOLD modifier and some fields pull in 4-5 fields with weird stuff all in one field.

Not sure if that made any sense...but basically the script was written in like 2003/4 ..and I think new versions of MySQL and mIRC may be causing the problem.

So my question is this...can anyone fix the script?
I have tried to email the author, but have had no response.
Secondly, can anyone provide a better method of connecting to and pulling data from/writing data to a MySQL database?
I know about the mysql.dll file...but can't make it work..(maybe I just need a tutorial)...

Any thoughts?
If anyone wants to help but doesn't have access to a MySQL Database, you can either download XAMPP....or private message me and I'll set you up a temp account on my MySQL server.

Thanks for reading.
AltReality

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
For alterations to someone else's script, you really should contact the author of the script, and checking the documentation that is in that zip file, I found, quite easily, contact information for the author.

From the MySQL ReadMe.txt file
Quote:
To report a bug or if you have any suggestions or comments, I can be contacted via these methods.

Email: monotek@psiblade.net

RusselB #186144 18/09/07 02:27 AM
A
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
Hi Russel,
I thought I had mentioned it in the original post...I did try to contact MonoTeK...but you will also notice that that file is from October 2004 (or is it April?) either way...it's pretty old. The email did not bounce, but he has not yet responded to me.

That is why I resorted to asking here. I know it's a pretty complex script...but I guess I was more hoping that someone would have a better (more recent?) method of using mIRC to interact with a MySQL server.

Anyway...the question still stands...if anyone has any input I would most appreciate it...whether it fixes the problem or not. smile

-AltReality

Link Copied to Clipboard