Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Riamus2 #182162 05/08/07 03:56 PM
W
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
W
Originally Posted By: Riamus2

Can you tell me what change is a major improvement in Vista? I don't see anything that is major in what's listed above besides security?

1. DX10 as first, as it was not made only for GUI since DX9 nicely emulates aero

2. instant search that works better than one in XP (which you dont get by default in xp anyway, but you are vista hater so its pointless to discuss with you on such things anyway)

3. different and better memory management in which xp sux totaly

4. SP1 will bring winFS (since you mentined bunch of things that XP "has" but actually you need to download, let me retaliate in same way)

this is just partial thing since im not in a mood to list all craps, but naturaly you have eyes to see that all this listed
is no GUI nor security related

Originally Posted By: Riamus2

I don't see anything that is major in what's listed above besides security?

i had impression security was most important thing
but you can freely go to windows 95 or 98 its quite safe

The harder I chase my dreams the more I experience the time for smiles and tears...
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
or use a firewall "not windows XP's own" security solved smile

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
sparta #182180 05/08/07 10:40 PM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
i dont really want to fuel this threadjacking but windows XP really isn't that "unsafe". It was really all IE6's fault that people got the impression that windows has so many holes. Yes, XP has its security issues, as does Linux, as does BSD, as does OS X.. but it really did not warrant any of the security enhancements put in vista. In fact, most of the "security features" in vista aren't even real security features (a dialog box saying "are you sure you want to execute this malicious code?" is not security), but thats another topic

Back to the original point of this thread, someone wants to see K's work environment. I'd personally like to know if he uses any SCM tools to manage code, but if he doesn't wanna show, that's cool with me smile

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #182187 06/08/07 12:45 AM
W
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
W
Originally Posted By: argv0
but windows XP really isn't that "unsafe". It was really all IE6's fault that people got the impression that windows has so many holes.

and IE is part of windows core, so how can it be safe then ?
----

as far as topic is, i personaly would not like to see kmd's
office since its most likely his work room and who the heck
is interested in other people room(s) anyway....

The harder I chase my dreams the more I experience the time for smiles and tears...
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard