#17906 03/04/03 10:40 AM
U
ups Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
U
Hi,
i would like to know if anyone knows where i could find good tutorials to learn scripting?

N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
Try looking here Scripts and scripting information for mIRC : and follow some of the links.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
In addition to Nobodi's great suggestion, these have good tutorials too: here and here

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
U
ups Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
U
thx =)

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
you're welcome... have fun in scripting world smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In addition to these links there is also the mIRC help file. I have found this to be among th best scripting resources there is. It's only downfall is that the examples given are intended for scripters with at least some experience or general knowledge of how programming/scripting languages operate. This is where the tutorial websites come in as there is often examples of commonly used scripts with a plain English description of what it does.

Warning: Don't just copy/paste code you are given by others without making absolutely sure of what it does. This is not to scare you but to inform you that mIRC scripting does have some powerful elements that used wrongly can be destructive and in some cases irreversible. Reading a universally trusted website like the ones given is much better than being given code on IRC.

All the best.

Link Copied to Clipboard