mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#177481 25/05/07 03:39 PM
J
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
J
I've got the mirc room up that I want. My problen is it wants me to enter my password. It says -NickServ- This nickname is owned by someone else. You must select a different one.
-
[11:25] -NickServ- If this is your nickname, please identify by using the command: /NickServ IDENTIFY <password>
-
So I type /NickServ IDENTIFY mypassword

Then it says Password Incorrect

but this is my nick and my password am i entering it wrong?

Next question
Is there a command to type to get Voice to speak
Iam setting mirc up on a new computer and on the last one all i had to do was type a command. but i can't remmember the command its been to long.

Thanks

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Well for the NickServ problem, I can only think of three (four if you count IRCop interventions) reasons you get that problem.

The common reasons:
If you registered the nickname and you get that error saying that it's the password your using is incorrect, it could mean your typing it in wrong, remember passwords are case sensitive on most servers (so the Password "HiGhEr" is different from "higher"). Another reason could be because you haven't been online for a while (normally between 21 - 30 days) and your nickname was dropped by services for inactivity. Someone else then came along and claimed your nickname.

Now for more uncommon reasons:
You came on to a Server with your nickname and it already being used by another person. The last reason I can think of is by some
IRCop dropping your nickname or changing your password, most likely because on a action on your part or (more likely) they were tricked by someone claiming to be you.

As for the giving voice, you can use /mode #channel +v nickname
it should work if your a op on that channel.

GigIRC Network Admin
irc.gigirc.com

Link Copied to Clipboard