Print Thread
#175632 26/04/07 12:41 AM
T
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
Hey everyone,
I'm kinda new to mIRC. I'm not that new though, I find scrims for my team regularly on #sourcescrim with irc.gamesurge.net.

Well, I need your guys's help. My clan is interested in hosting a channel named something like #trp-clan@irc.gamesurge.net. I'm not sure how to do this. We'd like to run it 24/7 and get people to idle it for us.

If anyone could help me out on this, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Check Gamesurge's help channel and/or website for detailed information regarding registering/hosting a channel on their network. The people there will also be able to tell you what, if any, requirements need to be met in order for you to have a channel on their network.

T
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
I see
Well I read the FAQ and what I found was that I can basically just go into an operator server, join a channel which should create a channel, and then it's done. But what then? Do I have any admin abilities? It sounds a little too easy for me to believe

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Once you join a channel that doesn't previously exist, then the channel is created and you are granted ops status in the channel.
At this point, I highly recommend that you register the channel with whatever channel service the network uses (most common is chanserv).
Also, at this point, you have Founder abilities, which can only be overridden by someone with IRCops status, which is granted to specific people on the network to control the entire network, not just certain channels.
For a channel, generally speaking, this is the list of accessability from highest to lowest:
Founder
Admin (not applicable to all networks)
Op
Half-Op (not applicable to all networks)
Voice
Regular

Someone with a higher access has all of the abilities of those with a lower access.

Note: IRCops have different levels also, and all of them exceed the level of Founder.
These levels (listed like above) are:
Network Owner
Co-Admin
Services Admin
Server Admin
HelpOp

Some networks may have other levels, but as far as your abilities on a channel that you have created, this is irrelevant, just posted for general information.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
This is why I wrote this sticky smirk

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard