Print Thread
#173317 23/03/07 03:49 PM
L
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
L
Hello,
I am new with this program (mIRC6.21 on MS Vista) and I have two question about this "beeping":

1) I am not sure what means "default" I guess this means the settings in Options->sounds->"Beep on Message", but when I disable all settings here, what means "On" in the context menu in the Treebar, and vice versa, when I enable all "beep on message" in the settings, and I choose "off" in the Treebar, I assume the setting in the contextmenu means all 4 Settings in "Beeb on message" settings, is this correct?

2) Where is the setting for this "beep"? I found only use Windows default, use mIRC internal or use the PC-Speaker, how can I assign another sound to this "Beep"? (Without changing the windows default sound)

regards
Peter

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Here is how I understand it:

1.) Default is the sound assigned to that event and isn't just limited to the sounds dialog, check under Options->IRC->Highlight for example. You'll see you can assign sounds to certain words too and that is also seen as a 'beep' in mIRC. If you don't assign sounds to the on event pull down menu, but check all the beep on message part you'll still get a beep, when the internal sound or the PC speaker is selected.

2.) As for the beep, it's that box marked "Event beep" which controls it. As for finding a way to making a custom sound on certain events, you could use the "on Event, play sound" pull down menu to pick custom sounds, but for a broader choice you'll need a script to do that for you.

This is how I have come to understand it, so I may be wrong on certian points so anybody feel free to correct my errors :P

GigIRC Network Admin
irc.gigirc.com
L
OP Offline
L
I am confused...
Beep on Message=>Do exactly what is named, it "Beep" on a message, but "On Event, play sound", there is no entry like "message" confused

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
If you're looking for a setting where you can enter a specific message to watch for, possibly wildcarded, at the moment, the only way of doing that is with a script. mIRC will monitor specific events, or places where events take place (and a "message" usually falls under the TEXT event). I did notice that there isn't an Event entry for Text or Action, and I suspect that this is due to the fact that the Text event would be triggered on any message sent.

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks for the answers.

Peter

S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
Hi
i got a similar problem:
The internal beep of mIRC (e.g. /beep) comes out of my center speaker (5.1 system) but i want it to come out of my front speakers (left and right).
So I guess the internal beep is just a mono sound.
Is it possible to make this beep stereo, so it will come out of the left and right channel?

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
change the default beep sound of windows might help.

control panel > sounds and audio devices > default beep

change that to a stereo wav

mIRC simply instructs windows on playing the default beep and lets windows figure out who and what.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Link Copied to Clipboard