Print Thread
#171361 23/02/07 05:14 AM
B
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
Hi

I'm trying to make a script for the server services like chanserv, nickserv, etc, etc.
I want it so that you only can see the commands that your status allows you to see(owner of the room sees all and a ops only sees the commands that are for ops)
Not every server uses the same way to show who is owner, some use ~ others use q.

I have this but it doesn't work.
It shows all the commands if i'm owner or voice.
Code:
$iif($nick($chan,$me,a) || $nick($chan,$me,q) || $nick($chan,$me,~),Drop): /msg chanserv DROP $chan

Some help on getting this right would be nice.

Greeting
Bullseye

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Weither a server uses q or ~, it still uses the same channel mode, +q, so you just need to be looking for q and not ~(Both work though wink )

The problem is the use of 'a' because with that method you used it means all users and not
ChanAdmins(SuperOps, Protected Ops, whatever you call it) this is where you should use '&'.

Code:
$iif($nick($chan,$me,&)

Hope that helps smile

--- Yeah I changed it, worked out my mistake ;P

GigIRC Network Admin
irc.gigirc.com
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The problem is that not all servers use q for owner or & for admins.

I think there is a way to get the network's modes for op/voice/etc. to see what it supports and what the letters are, but I don't remember how.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
B
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
B
on some server "isowner" works but not on all.
Some servers set +q but this:
Code:
$nick($chan,$me,q)
ain't working ... i don't get to see the command provided in the popup.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You should be able to get the modes that are on a specific user. From there, you can probably figure out what level a person is, though sometimes that won't really work well either on more obscure networks. It may just be best to do it that way and then if you want to make sure that you're supporting all networks, you can give users the ability to change the character that the network uses for each mode. Just a thought.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard