Print Thread
#16689 24/03/03 04:51 AM
T
Techwid Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
T
I have an mirc client installed into a seperate directory dedicated to leeching tv episodes (legit). However, there are several severs I need to connect to. The way I'm doing it right now is finding one that _is_ listed in the "On connect perform" then adding the rest of the servers through the /servers command. This is very crude way and when I restart mirc it connects to the last server connected to, thus I have to disconnect and change it to the server I have in my auto-perform. It would be nice if you could just add the Addresses of the servers you would like to connect to on startup (or if you don't use that feature when you choose to connect). Also making the auto perform able to add servers not listed in there GUI wise would be nice. Hope this hasn't been requested before I entered 3 different search fields and looked for a bit but didn't find the server join request.
-Techwid

#16690 24/03/03 06:39 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
add something like this to ur remotes

[code]
on *:Start: {
/server irc.servername.net -j #channelname, #channel2
/server -m irc.server2name.net -j #channel1, #channel2
}

thats just a rough idea but hopefully that describes it well enough for u to figure it out from there

D3m0nnet.com
#16691 24/03/03 10:27 PM
T
Techwid Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Better way of doing it than I was, thank you. Still, a GUI version would be nice. Guess I should start learning the script language of mirc, anyways thanks again.
-Techwid

#16692 24/03/03 11:01 PM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
yw ... but if u want a gui interface ... u can also create a dialog of ur own that does just that ..... in my opinion if mirc were to incorporate every lil suggestion like this ... it would take the fun out of personalizing ur very own script ..... which in my opinion is the very essence of what makes mirc so largely used by ppl ..... simple to use yet u can make it as simple or complex as u want thru scripts

D3m0nnet.com
#16693 26/03/03 02:54 PM
M
MDF Offline
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
M
I like the idea of implementing automatic multiserver-join in GUI.

- Maybe the existing multiserver settings window could be modified so that you can add the networks to connect on startup there. (The same way you add the highlight-texts)

- Or then there could be a checkbox with text "Connect to this server on startup" in the server settings. (Where you add/edit servers). Though I like the first idea best.

Of course the old checkbox "Connect automatically on startup" would stay, so that it would be easy to turn off autoconnecting with no need to uncheck the selected autoconnect-servers. Maybe this will be in the next mIRC version?

#16694 27/03/03 07:53 AM
B
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
B
What annoys me is when I put in the info to join another server (/server -m), it replaces my default info..

If anything, I'd like that to stop. smile

- Wherever you go there you are.[color:lightgreen]

Link Copied to Clipboard