mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
L
After installing mIRC 6.21 in c:\#mirc I found that the help files are not available. Renaming the folder by removing the '#' enables the help files to be viewed. Adding the '#' again makes the help files unavailable once more. I did not experience this problem in the previous version. I like to add the '#' to folder names because the folder then appears at the top the folder list in windows explorer.

Apologies if I posted this previously, I tried earlier but it seems not to have succeeded

-
Just because it never happened doesn't mean it isn't true.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Confirmed as reported with 6.21
Also noted that help files worked properly in 6.2, irrelevant as to the # character in the folder name.

Tested on Windows XP Home, XP Pro, 98 and Xandros (linux using Wine)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is a Windows Html Help issue (see here), there is no way around it as far as I know. Since Windows Vista does not support .hlp help files, we have little choice I'm afraid.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
I would say, use _ instead

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Is it possible to relocate the help file and have a command to direct mIRC's help funtions (menus, commands) to that new location? I don't mean that the help file should be relocated by default, but rather that users could manually move the help file to wherever they wish, and then type some command so that mIRC knows (and remembers) where the file has been moved to.

Ex:
Move help file to c:\Program Files\mIRChelp
Execute command to update mIRC:
- /helpfile c:\Program Files\mIRChelp\help.exe

-genius_at_work

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, you could just map the help file to a function key...

alias F1 { run "path\mirc.chm" }

or something similar. (I don't remember if the help file is called that, but you get the idea).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard