mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#164731 15/11/06 07:54 PM
G
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
G
Hello, why the Khaled does not create a compiler for mIRCscripting, would be one agrande advance.
Example: I know people, even though who obtain to make applications using mIRCscripting.. They imagine creating its applicatory one with the resources of mIRCscripnt..
would be everything of good...

sorry my english...

__giLsoN_maLuKO__
#164732 15/11/06 07:58 PM
O
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
O
One by khaled would be awsome.
I know visionz from scriptsdb.org has started one.

codemastr_
#164733 15/11/06 08:26 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'd too love this.

Whatever happened to visionz's compiler anywae, he/she still working on it?

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
#164734 16/11/06 12:10 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm unsure why we need one. The only use I see for it is to prevent people from seeing your code and editing it. However, I would *never* want to run someone else's script if I couldn't look it over and make sure there aren't any back doors or other malicious code in it. Scripting such things is REALLY easy and if you can compile it so that no one can verify if it's a safe script, then I see that as a really bad thing.

If someone wants to write a utility to run OUTSIDE of mIRC without mIRC running, then compiled could be useful. However, if you really want to do that, you're much better off learning a real programming language instead (C++/VB/etc).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
#164735 19/11/06 06:23 AM
Q
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Q
I honestly think of this all of the time. I think I am now more fluent in mIRC Script than any other language (although I know Qbasic and Java pretty well). Every once in awhile I think of starting to write a program of some sort that can run mIRC Script without the aid of the actual mIRC (taking out of course the actual IRC functions :P). mIRC supports the majority of what the other programming languages do, and for the things that it doesn't, there is the dll support lol.

And actually, what I'm mentioning is not a compiler, rather more the approach that Java had, an interpereter. I'm picturing a scripting file, that is executeable through some sort of program running in the background (like Java's runtime interpereter), that way whenever a user double-clicks on the file, they can be run. The only difference would be that all of the code would have to have a specific 'main' alias to run as it starts.

A lot of the programming I do in mIRC invokes the dialogs and sockets heavily, and very little of my mIRC Scripting has much to do with well, IRC, anymore (mostly because the only computer I have around here with mIRC is not connected to my currently dialup connection). Thus I think it would be cool to see my Webserver script to run without the big mIRC window behind it smile

#164736 19/11/06 11:22 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Agreed that learning any high end programming language would be more beneficial to someone, i don't see any harm in having a mIRCScripts compiler.
Much like you wouldnt just install any software on your pc you wouldn't do so with any mirc script compiled .exe.

I have seen people state it would make it very easy for people to produce malware that deletes all the files on your pc for instance. But really, how hard is that in C++/VB now ? The compiler could put statements in the .exe info such as : sockets,remove,write to indicate what the script utilizes.

I often write small mIRC apps to do something that suits what i need. Since mIRC is always open for me it's not a real problem but having them as small .exe's would be neater .

I rather see mIRCScripts evolve by implementing classes and arrays before any compiled mIRCScripts come out.

$maybe
#164737 21/11/06 04:50 AM
Z
zaz Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
Z
Too many scripts out there can already exploit the inexperienced users. Allowing them to compile into some human unreadable binary would further mask their attempts to use a freely distributed script as a trojan. That's the downside, not that I am against a compiler for mIRC.

zaz @ DALnet #mIRC http://www.mirc.org/ & #HelpDesk http://helpdesk.zaz.net/
#164738 22/11/06 07:56 AM
P
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
P
Quote:
Hello, why the Khaled does not create a compiler for mIRCscripting, would be one agrande advance.
Example: I know people, even though who obtain to make applications using mIRCscripting.. They imagine creating its applicatory one with the resources of mIRCscripnt..
would be everything of good...

sorry my english...

you talking something likee this ??

http://www.mircscripts.org/comments.php?cid=1919

#164739 22/11/06 10:05 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Not quite smile

$maybe
#164740 22/11/06 02:32 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?

Link Copied to Clipboard