mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#163621 02/11/06 04:47 PM
T
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
T
Hi there im pretty new to this :S so be nice...

i dont know where to request a script so ill just ask and hope som1 helps out :P

im after a Runescape Mirc bot... one that returns on command prices of items and stats of a user into the channel that it is in... i need a script to put into my mirc...

thanks for any assistance...

Thardferr

Last edited by Thardferr; 02/11/06 04:52 PM.
#163622 02/11/06 09:34 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Im NOT saying it cant be done OR that it's a bad idea, that being said:

Ok, there's a number of potential issues here:

1) Can mirc talk to RS's servers or will Jagex cut off communication with it?
2) Will they consider this a macro of some kind and ban you?
3) Prices are impossible to predict since it is whatever the market will bear AND the best BALLPARK prices are on another website all together (though not accurate as they themselves claim)

That being said:

1) You'd need a huge database for items in many forms....... be it ores vs bars, armor normal vs trimmed, etc etc etc
2) As for the stats of a user, that shouldnt be TOO hard to do with sockets (and no, i cant help cause I dont know anything about it, but it would seem rather simple for those who DO know)
3) the other thing is since they changed the way the high scores works, you cant do (example):

username[/b].html]www.runescape.com/some-stuff/hiscores/username.html

It just doesnt work since they changed it. Hope this at least gives you a starting point idea of what to do. You'd need to know how to intercept certain info and manipulate it like other websites do. Again, Im not saying it CANT be done, Im simply offering things to consider

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
#163623 02/11/06 10:03 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I've seen requests like this many times on Hawkee. You can try searching there for a script, but I don't recall if any of the requests were completed.

#163624 03/11/06 12:51 AM
T
OP Offline
T
ok ok nvmind about that then lets try somthing simpler

Im looking for a simple script that when someone hugs the bot using the /me thing that my bot automatically hugs back wink

Same for slap lol

Edit:
also a friend of mine wanted me to ask how do you get a bot to check how many users are in a channel and Set a minimum amount of users before the bot stays in that channel?

Last edited by Thardferr; 03/11/06 01:20 AM.
#163625 03/11/06 02:05 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Hugs:
Code:
on *:action:*:#: {
  if (hug isin $1- && $me isin $1-) {
    describe $chan hugs $nick back.
  }
  elseif (slap isin $1- && $me isin $1-) {
    describe $chan slaps $nick back.
  }
}

Be aware that if other users have a hug-back or slap-back script, that you can be flooded off for repeatedly hugging/slapping each other. This can be avoided with a timed variable if you think it's needed in your particular channel.

As for # of nicks in a channel, type this on your edit line while you are in the channel you specify:
Code:
//echo -a $nick(#yourchannel,0)

To check if it's enough users, read up on /help if then else (type that in your edit line).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
#163626 03/11/06 03:23 AM
T
OP Offline
T
many thanks smile

#163627 03/11/06 08:02 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Another request sry but i cant figure this out...

ive tried messing about with

on *:!kick *:#: { /kick $nick but it just kicks me XD

im looking for a helpful script containing kick commands.. kickban commands and if possible Timeban commands

#163628 03/11/06 09:23 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, for one, you didn't specify the event (red). Second, you are trying to kick the nick used as the second word in the command ($2). By using $2-, it lets you also specify a reason.

Code:
on @*:[color:Red]text[/color]:!kick *:#: {
  kick $chan $2-
}

Use:
!kick someone
!kick someone Go away, spammer!

If you want other types of kicks and bans and so on, it's really the same type of setup, but you use /ban for bans, and /ban -uN (replace N with number of seconds) for a timed ban,and /ban -kuN (replace N with number of seconds) for a timed ban & kick. Just choose your triggers that you want to use and so on.

Try making it by following my kicking example and post what you have and we'll help you fix any problems with it.

Invision Support
#163629 03/11/06 09:39 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I dont understand the Kick timeban one

here is what i have entered

Code:
 on @*:text:!tb300 *:#: {
  ban -Ku300 $chan $2- 

This is for a 5 minute ban... now im assuming that if i entered !tb300 banned for 5 min that it would also when kicking and banning them enter a reason why and im also assuming that the bot should unban once the "300" seonds have passed?

I am not sure on what the "-k" and "u" mean could you please elaborate on this

and also would a unban command be somthing such as

Code:
 on @*TEXT:!unban *:#:{
 unban $chan $nick
} 

please correct any errors i may have made

Last edited by Thardferr; 03/11/06 09:55 PM.
#163630 03/11/06 10:05 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
/help /ban

-k is for a kick
-uN is for automatically unbanning in N seconds

For unbanning, the command in the script would be:

mode $chan -b $2-

Note that you would need to specify the correct ban address to unban the person.

As for your question about it showing the "reason why" when kicking, look at the usage examples I gave you. As long as you type the reason in there, it will do so.

Invision Support
#163631 03/11/06 10:23 PM
T
OP Offline
T
The kick timeban command does not seem to Kick the user... it just bans then while the user still remains on the channel....

My kick timeban code is the same as the last post

and also when i enter !tb300 user reason it does not show the reason...

sorry abt this im not too skilled in scripting ><

thanks for the assistance

Last edited by Thardferr; 03/11/06 10:35 PM.
#163632 03/11/06 10:48 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Sorry, I didn't see it before... all switches are case sensitive. Use k instead of K and it should kick and show the reason.

Invision Support
#163633 03/11/06 10:49 PM
T
OP Offline
T
i do use -K

Quote:
on *:text:!tb300 *:#: {
ban -Ku300 $chan $2-
}

it still dosnt Kick XD

here is a strange thing

i found this in another topic

Quote:
/ban -ku60 <nick>

and it kicked him!!!
now thing is i actuactly entered this itno the bots mirc chat room so it was a direct command not with me on another acc using !tbxxx

-k?

EDIT: Nvmind thanks for help i finally got it working XD i just made a new script called Timeban and it worked perfectly XD

Last edited by Thardferr; 03/11/06 11:07 PM.
#163634 03/11/06 11:19 PM
T
OP Offline
T
for the Unban command is there a shortcut to get the address of the person you banned

for example when timebannd it shows

XXX was kicked by yyy
XXX (xxx@xxx.internetaddressblahblah) was banned by yyy

is there a way to specify to the bot to unban the ip of that person

#163635 03/11/06 11:33 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There are a variety of ways to track who was banned. None are really all that great for trying to do a simple unban script like you're asking for.

/help on ban

Using that, you can set variables (not very good, but it's easy), add it all into a hash table (better, but more difficult), store it to a file/ini (okay, but not that great), etc...

The hash table is perhaps the best method, but is harder to set up if you don't know anything about hash tables.

The easiest method would be to just get a listing of all bans in the channel and copy/paste the banmask with that unban command.

Invision Support
#163636 03/11/06 11:34 PM
T
OP Offline
T
hmm ok thanks

#163637 20/11/06 11:46 AM
R
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
R
Quote:
Im NOT saying it cant be done OR that it's a bad idea, that being said:

Ok, there's a number of potential issues here:

1) Can mirc talk to RS's servers or will Jagex cut off communication with it?
2) Will they consider this a macro of some kind and ban you?
3) Prices are impossible to predict since it is whatever the market will bear AND the best BALLPARK prices are on another website all together (though not accurate as they themselves claim)

That being said:

1) You'd need a huge database for items in many forms....... be it ores vs bars, armor normal vs trimmed, etc etc etc
2) As for the stats of a user, that shouldnt be TOO hard to do with sockets (and no, i cant help cause I dont know anything about it, but it would seem rather simple for those who DO know)
3) the other thing is since they changed the way the high scores works, you cant do (example):

username[/b].html]www.runescape.com/some-stuff/hiscores/username.html

It just doesnt work since they changed it. Hope this at least gives you a starting point idea of what to do. You'd need to know how to intercept certain info and manipulate it like other websites do. Again, Im not saying it CANT be done, Im simply offering things to consider

Actually http://hiscore.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/runescape/hiscorepersonal.ws?user1=zezima will work to pull down a page full of HTML (and shouldn't get you banned for macroing), but then you've got to parse it.

http://www.zybez.net/priceguide.php?sear...h=&member=1 will search the Zybez site for coal (random example). Again, it comes with a ton of HTML attached.

Hope those help.

Link Copied to Clipboard